SOLVED
7 REPLIES 7
Anime

Re: SHETLAND

Thanks Terrence,

That is all I wanted to know from DSTV

Anime

This is an issue that appears every time ITV Choice airs Shetland.

In the original UK broadcast, the first two-part story (titled "Red Bones") was labelled as Series 1, and the next three two-part stories (titled "Raven Black", "Dead Water", and "Blue Lightning") were Series 2. Therefore, the first six-part story (beginning with the young man who disppears on the ferry) was Series 3, and the six-part story beginning with Thomas Malone's conviction being overturned was Series 4.

On ITV Choice in South Africa, the initial four two-part stories ("Red Bones", "Raven Black", "Dead Water", and "Blue Lightning") were numbered as Series 1, so that the two six-part stories became Series 2 and Series 3. Unfortunately, the EPG descriptions have been used according to the original UK numbering, so these are wrong.

Anime

I agree that is a possibility but still does not explain the incorrect episode descriptions being put out by DSTV

Trending

I don't watch this series but I had a look and I see on Wikipedia that series 1 only had 2 episodes - maybe they combined series 1 & 2 together as 1 series and then labelled series 3 as 2 and series 4 as 3?

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Anime

If you look on IMDB the series being shown is 4 and the episode descriptions correspond with what you are broadcasting not with those you have published. 

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

@daveb wrote:

Why is the series of Shetland presently being shown on 123 still listed as series 3 together with the incorrect descriptions when according to IMDB it is actually series 4

Hi @daveb - The last time we checked we were still airing S3 as S4 was not scheduled as yet. 

Let's look into this again and we'll get back to you.

The schedulers advised that the information is correct as supplied by the channel, and also what's available on the web. No news for S4 yet, the promos also state S3 is currently aired. 

@daveb wrote:

Why is the series of Shetland presently being shown on 123 still listed as series 3 together with the incorrect descriptions when according to IMDB it is actually series 4

Hi @daveb - The last time we checked we were still airing S3 as S4 was not scheduled as yet. 

Let's look into this again and we'll get back to you.

Anime

SHETLAND