Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Some series getting very long in the tooth

2 REPLIES
Action

Re: Some series getting very long in the tooth

Totally agree with you Krugie. A recent one which comes to mind was "Revenge". First series was good but then it went on and on for perhaps a season or two too much. Started losing interest in it by the time it reached the final series. Thankfully it's finished.

Watched the first couple of series of the Walking Dead but that too got boring with the walking from one place to another and getting attacked by the Zombies. Packed up on that one awhile ago.

Highlighted
BoxOffice

Re: Some series getting very long in the tooth

@krugiewrote:

I don't know whether it is just me but some series - that still seem to be quite popular - have gone way pas their sell-by date according to my taste. Examples that come to mind are Gotham (although there was finally some excitement again at the end of last night's episode), Lucifer (is it heading anywhere?), American Horror Story (the recent series was way below par comapred to previousones for me), Walking Dead (walking, walking, walking to nowhere) & Homeland (thankfully in it's final season).

Even sitcoms like Modern Family and Big Bang Theory are nowadays often grabbing at straws to try and generate a laugh. Not to mention remakes like Dynasty, Knight Rider & MacGuyver...

And I don't even watch series like all the versions of Chicago, NCIS and Law & Order - I can't  imagine they can all still be fresh?

Are the studios running out of original ideas? Is this why TV viewership is on the decline?

Walking dead yip not getting anywhere quickly  

But I do like all others mentioned 

Lucifer I find funny and easy watching 

NCIS one of my favourites 

Chicago shows I like them too

Don't watch law and order 

Really enjoyed MacGyver season 1. Probably enjoy season 2 when we get it too

As far as dynasty goes. Not a dstv show so can't discuss it here

Goham has its moments. Interesting new season 

AHS. Next season will go back to basics like season 1 and 2  we we're told. This season was fun and at times really painful to watch 

--Explora 1 & 2a--
BoxOffice

Some series getting very long in the tooth

I don't know whether it is just me but some series - that still seem to be quite popular - have gone way pas their sell-by date according to my taste. Examples that come to mind are Gotham (although there was finally some excitement again at the end of last night's episode), Lucifer (is it heading anywhere?), American Horror Story (the recent series was way below par comapred to previousones for me), Walking Dead (walking, walking, walking to nowhere) & Homeland (thankfully in it's final season).

Even sitcoms like Modern Family and Big Bang Theory are nowadays often grabbing at straws to try and generate a laugh. Not to mention remakes like Dynasty, Knight Rider & MacGuyver...

And I don't even watch series like all the versions of Chicago, NCIS and Law & Order - I can't  imagine they can all still be fresh?

Are the studios running out of original ideas? Is this why TV viewership is on the decline?

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).