Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

The Handmaid’S Tale

64 REPLIES 64

Re: The Handmaid’S Tale

@JeanP wrote:

Very interesting episode. Yip I do like the new house, that guy has got a weird art collection

I actually felt sorry for Serena when she couldn't soothe the baby even tried feeding her 

But what they did with isolating June with the milk pumping was just cruel 

FYI for anyone interested there is a 1990s movie version of the handmaid's tale on Showmax 

@JeanP - that was cruel, to say the least. 

Serena in last night's episode (season finale), wow - she pulled it. As usual, the Commander had to lash out. When he said to June they should try again, for a boy this time....that was creepy....

And the escapae plan! Now with June turning back, maybe this time she will be fighting along side Serena and the new Commander (Joseph) to put an end to all of this. 

@Optimist wrote:

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

The way he treated Emily the first time they crossed paths? Makes me wonder.....

I don't recall that Grace, was that when she stole the limo and ran a commander down? Or maybe you meant the first scene last night, when he snapped at her at first for daring to maybe read something...

@Grace_DStv1 wrote: 
@Optimist - yes, looking forward to that episode as well Woman Happy

I see that the synopsis for it gives some interesting clues... a bit of what you predicted weeks agoWink.jpg

@Optimist - yes, when he snapped at her. This is like a roller coaster, keeping you at the edge of your seat...

Trending

The handmaid's tale 

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Doin' it 4 Tv

@JeanP What is it called?

Trending

Very interesting episode. Yip I do like the new house, that guy has got a weird art collection

I actually felt sorry for Serena when she couldn't soothe the baby even tried feeding her 

But what they did with isolating June with the milk pumping was just cruel 

FYI for anyone interested there is a 1990s movie version of the handmaid's tale on Showmax 

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Highlighted
Nominee

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

The way he treated Emily the first time they crossed paths? Makes me wonder.....

I don't recall that Grace, was that when she stole the limo and ran a commander down? Or maybe you meant the first scene last night, when he snapped at her at first for daring to maybe read something...

@Grace_DStv1 wrote: 

I see that the synopsis for it gives some interesting clues... a bit of what you predicted weeks agoWink.jpg

@Optimist wrote:

*Looks for interrupting ads... - ok, no more found :-p  *

Crazy episode - anticlimax re the past episode, enough so to make me wonder if this was a studio shift re next week's expected cliffhanger, and as such for the first time I didn't enjoy much of the episode. Especially with the very ugly executions, is this really what people want for entertainment these days??

But yes, some interesting issues as well.

Nick is certainly a caring man, though his softspot for Eden was more fatherly than anything.

Commander Joey's wife - nice eccentric nutter, we need more of them types...Big Grin.jpg

He's certainly a much needed bridge to normality as his way of expressing himself is so much more real-world, but from what his wife said it looks like he may be the whole architect of their mad "social" system.

Next week's season final should be great. Better be.

A bridge indeed, do you think he's the one who created and designed this whole thing? The way he treated Emily the first time they crossed paths? Makes me wonder.....

Nominee

*Looks for interrupting ads... - ok, no more found :-p  *

Crazy episode - anticlimax re the past episode, enough so to make me wonder if this was a studio shift re next week's expected cliffhanger, and as such for the first time I didn't enjoy much of the episode. Especially with the very ugly executions, is this really what people want for entertainment these days??

But yes, some interesting issues as well.

Nick is certainly a caring man, though his softspot for Eden was more fatherly than anything.

Commander Joey's wife - nice eccentric nutter, we need more of them types...Big Grin.jpg

He's certainly a much needed bridge to normality as his way of expressing himself is so much more real-world, but from what his wife said it looks like he may be the whole architect of their mad "social" system.

Next week's season final should be great. Better be.

The new Commander - Joseph Lawrence, as some might call him Joey. What is he all about? 

June, kept away from her child and being told how brave she was for giving birth on her own. 

Okay, Nick is back since we last saw him being dragged into a mysterious car while June gets stranded in that house. On the hand, Eden refuses to take her husband's advise to help her situation. With that said, was he really starting to feel something for her or was is it just guilt? 

Now, Emily gets assigned to another family, which seems otherwise. There, the wife never welcomed her as Commander Joey Lawrence claimed she was not feeling well. 

Commander Joey Lawrence, let's talk about the man himself. Who is he, what skeletons does he have?