War of the Worlds

Trending

Re: War of the Worlds

The fox one is American/French one

As per my earlier thread. Date is end October exact date is on their website 

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Action

Not sure which one one, but it's currently being advertised on Fox for October; no date given.

Pace HDPVR 4 tuner, Samsung 65 UHD TV, Samsung J7500 BluRay, Denon X3200W AVR.
Action

The War of the Worlds appears to have gone into the public domain recently, which explains why more than one studio has come up with the idea of using, and one being British and the other American means that they're not in as direct competition with each other.  They also appear to be different takes on it, with the British version being a Victorian setting and the American a modern one (so could be a very loose adapation).

Highlighted
Red Carpet

Very interesting & strange indeed! Can't imagine why different studios would release such identical series so close to each other - unless they are competing?

This is the BBC One - 3 part mini-series, currently airing in Canada with the BBC to follow later in the year:

The_War_of_the_Worlds_(British_TV_series) 

And this is the FOX one - 8 part series first airing in Belgium 29 October - possibly same date for us?

War_of_the_Worlds_(2019_TV_series) 

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Trending

This is weird. 2 different war of the worlds shows are going to air

1 is the one mentioned above by BBC 

Other is a American/French produced program, that will air on Fox end of October. Just saw the trailer for it during TWD

https://www.google.com/search?q=war+of+the+worlds+fox&oq=War+&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j69i65l2j69i60...

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Showmaxed

@JeanP wrote:

If I remember it correctly. It will air on a mnet channel

Was mentioned in the January highlights 

Ok, then we've got a chance, these days up to a year or more after it launched elsewhere.

Trending

If I remember it correctly. It will air on a mnet channel

Was mentioned in the January highlights 

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Showmaxed

It's doubtful anyone will get a BBC answer here now - the Mods have stopped doing much of their job, and clues show that MC are now trying to hide most of their efforts via PM - I believe it's in the hope that the "silence" will turn us into their forum servants. No doubt we can thank Lithium for the idea.

My guess - we'll get it sometime around 2037... :-/

Why?

Fresher content costs more, which cuts into mindless, faceless, fat corporate profits.

How to fix?

Competition. But that also costs us more.

Comments MC?...

Trending

War of the Worlds

i see the BBC show War of the worlds starts next week, any idea  when we will get it?

i know it was set for January but then BBC postphoned premiere date

https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/bbc-releases-war-worlds-series-trailer-1669649?utm_source=feedly&utm_mediu...

interesting trailer

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~