Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Warning - series recordings fault

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Doccie

Re: Warning - series recordings fault

I had to reset Blue Blood (Fox) 4 times last week, twice on Thursday (morning and evening). It kept losing the episodes.  I don't know what is going on with this show & I'm waiting for the fun to begin for next week.

(Explora 1 & 2 fed, burped and diaper changed regularly) 

Red Carpet

An update for the sake of clarity for other viewers;

@Optimist wrote:

2. Currently,

186: Ancient Aliens "S11E12" @  20:15 on Thurs. 7 Feb.

We've had the normal length E12 in the past, this is meant to be E16 which is a special and a longer length.

3. Currently,

136: The Carbonaro Effect "S6E2" and "S6E3" from 19:20 on Fri. 8 Feb.

We've had these episodes before, and recently the channel answered me directly regarding these particular slots - it's without question actually E14 & E15.

Ancient Aliens - we now believe (unless we're losing our memories too much) that this was actually an "updated-repeat", now consisting of mostly original and some added Egypt related material.

Either way, not a SBR-numbering mistake after all.

The Carbonaro Effect - the jury is still out about this one, but at the least the dates were shifted.

Not going to post more about it, see the devoted EPG thread for current known details.

That aside, there clearly still was, or is, a SBR numbering problem. So much for SBR-users having any advantage recently...

Doccie

If you are recording the Sinner (115) on series record will need to reset it, for episode 2.

If you are recording the mega run of Blue Blood s2 (Fox 125) you must reset the season record or you'll miss the first few episodes of the series.

Action

Why do I have to set a new recording every week for the new episode of FBI? Why is series recording not working for this show?

Doccie

Things seem to be in a bit of a mess at the moment (see my Madam Secretary complaint).  Krypton (115) was on the schedules 2 weeks ago, set it a week ago disappeared off the schedules in time for airing last night.

Red Carpet

Warning - series recordings fault

For those who don't read everything - the Series Based Recording (SBR) option on at least the Explora 1 is currently giving faulty performance with some series and / or circumstances.

This is now clearly a wide issue based on what's already a couple of weeks of incidences.

The main problem is the series' episode numbers getting mixed up, on MC's side.

Other related issues are lost recordings, lost reminders, such items popping up again (this morning I actually somehow managed to end up with TWO reminders for the same channel's slot!), watched episodes seeming to be scheduled to record again, etc.

Known issues (there may well be others, but I'm not planning to report any more);

1. 120: The Graham Norton Show - you may have missed out on the real episode 14, no repeats planned as far as we know. The problem is currently behaving.

2. Currently,

186: Ancient Aliens "S11E12" @  20:15 on Thurs. 7 Feb.

We've had the normal length E12 in the past, this is meant to be E16 which is a special and a longer length.

3. Currently,

136: The Carbonaro Effect "S6E2" and "S6E3" from 19:20 on Fri. 8 Feb.

We've had these episodes before, and recently the channel answered me directly regarding these particular slots - it's without question actually E14 & E15.

Re points 2 and 3 - note that although my SBR settings for all 3 events should see these as past done episodes, they have nevertheless still set scheduled recordings for them!

It is possible that these incorrect settings will work on the day, but I suggest either careful baby sitting all of it, or use a Manual Recording (MR) for these incidents.

Not available to discuss, as MC insist on hiding behind rocks instead of facing their customers with their now endless (yes, endless) bad mistakes!

I'm now done.