Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

AppleTV screensaver

5 REPLIES 5
Trending

Re: AppleTV screensaver

I'm not sure anyone from Showmax  monitors this forum. This section is more for watching Showmax via a DSTV Explora.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Highlighted

Yeah, based on past experience I've found posting here to be the easiest. Unfortunately Showmax don't have a feedback facility.

SLNB LMX501 | Explora2A | 50Mbps Fibre Internet
Trending

yes thanks it does @cavaliersa  if this is an important matter for you to be resolved quickly 

may i suggest you contact Showmax directly? i found twitter always works fast

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~

The AppleTV device, like many others, has a screensaver that shows after the configured time. When streaming using other applications (e.g. Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube) when the video is paused and the screensaver time elapses then the screensaver shows - this is not working for Showmax, the device stays on the screen paused. Additionally, the device stays on/awake and does not go to sleep despite not being active.

I'm pretty sure the two are related and have to do with activating and disabling of the idle timer.

Does this help explain?

Trending

?? i don't understand what you mean?

i personally have never seen any screensaver on any video streaming service. never thought of it being necessary @cavaliersa

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~

AppleTV screensaver

If you pause a video then the screensaver is never activated. This also causes the device to stay awake the whole time and not go to sleep.