Welcome to Showmax

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Free Showmax for DSTV Premium to continue?

14 REPLIES 14
Trending

Re: Free Showmax for DSTV Premium to continue?

Aother thing that Showmax needs to sort out ( take some tips from Netflix)  get the subtiltle support sorted at current level its HORRIBLE!! or to be more specific non existant. 

i asked for Doctor who for Subtiltes to be added after episode 1 or 2 nothing asked a few more times still nothing, they do respond and say its added but its not same goes for Runaways 

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Nominee

Just to add that Showmax, although considered far better performing than CU+ in past discussions, also has its share of problems that need addressing. Not to do so will mostly retard any independent value it wants to create.

Example - Vikings S05E11 - 20

1. For a couple of the episodes (including the last one today), we had to start the whole stream again as it got stuck.

Not the connection responsible, the connectivity checker found no problems during the incidents.

2. We've learnt this means it's best not to start watching until the whole episode is already buffered. Hardly what one could call smooth viewing...

(And these issues would also be somewhat sorted out if a download option can be offered as well.)

3. Today our episode 11 is no longer ticked. Who makes the software for this particular service is unknown, but it too can't be relied on at all.

Doin' it 4 Tv

Hi @krugie @Luke7777 @Optimist & @JeanP

Although there are merits to what @krugie has made mention of, "... shows moving to Showmax are in preparation of seeing how many people WOULD be prepared to pay for it...", for now as it stands, there will be an extension beyond 31 March for Showmax but as to when new communication with changes might take effect, that will be communicated. 

Trending

I agree with @Optimist - downloading of Showmax content is becoming really crucial!

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Doin' it 4 Tv

@Optimist wrote:

Where exactly can they stick it?Big Grin.jpg

Where it fits... exclusively.. Smiley Happy

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Nominee

One other thing - like many I hate streaming when it comes to anything longer than a short clip, I want a solid copy for when it's convenient, which can be interrupted, and sometimes used for more than one viewing.

Without that, SM-on-Explora is just a gimmick IMO.

But... is it possible for MC to include downloading and still qualify with the provider-type rules involved that these mad studios impose on them?

If not, I think SM will become another dead idea like "M-Net Edge" (previously known as "M-Net Series", and other names before that) - has to make enough practical sense as well as economic sense.

Nominee

@krugie wrote:

My worry is that all these shows moving to Showmax are in preparation of seeing how many people WOULD be prepared to pay for it - i.e. basically an additional subscription increase!

I think they're also looking at Express alternatives. (Not exclusively though, they seem to have changed their minds about that after pressures applied).

Therefore it's further not the time to test popular attitude as far as charging goes, most are known to prefer NOT to have Express due to the endless production breaks.

Highlighted
Trending

I definitely won't be paying either. Fortunately I am currently only watching Vikings on there - and it will be long finished by the end of March. My worry is that all these shows moving to Showmax are in preparation of seeing how many people WOULD be prepared to pay for it - i.e. basically an additional subscription increase!

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Nominee

Where exactly can they stick it?Big Grin.jpg

Doin' it 4 Tv

If they decide to charge for it, it will be removed from my bouquet. I didn't pay for it previously and I will not pay for it now. Then they can also stick their "Only(first) on Showmax' somewhere... 

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode