Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

ShowMax resolution

13 REPLIES 13
Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: ShowMax resolution

@krugie wrote:

@Julia_DStv1 - do they understand the difference between HD (720p) and Full HD (1080p)? And is any content available in Full HD?

If the people responsible for Showmax don't understand the difference ...    then this is a futile discussion Smiley Happy 

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Trending

@Julia_DStv1 - do they understand the difference between HD (720p) and Full HD (1080p)? And is any content available in Full HD?

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).

No worries @Sybawoods, I also checked on Showmax and 720p was indeed the highest Quality Resolution available for Game of Thrones. 

I further enquired with the team and they advised that it was available in HD. Still no luck with examples for programs available in 4K resolution. Smiley Sad 

Hopefully they are planning on introducing the quality soon. 

Doccie

Thanks for your efforts @Julia_DStv1 .

I have checked Game of Thrones [settings > advanced > quality] and it maxes out at 720p which, I hope the Showmax team understands, is not full HD, which is the basic standard with most streaming services like YouTube, NetFlix etc. This is what we are enquiring about. 4k / UHD would be a huge bonus for us and, as others have said, if the content is available in this format it would be great to see an example in action.

I fear that they may not be passing on accurate information, or something has been lost in translation. 

Trending

@Luke7777 wrote:

How on earth can they claim to have 4K content and not be able to provide a single example ????  

The mind boggles...

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Doin' it 4 Tv

@Julia_DStv1 wrote:

Hi Luke.

The Showmax team has advised that the resolution a program is provided is indicated under Settings> Quality. 

@Sybawoods, Game of Thrones is available in HD on the website. 

The team is unable to provide actual examples of shows that are provided in 4k resolution. They do, however, claim that, they have content available in the resolution. 

Windows doesn't have Settings/Quality,   it has Bandwidth Capping which means nothing. IOS doesn't have Settings.  / Update - Sorry - missed it under Advanced 

How on earth can they claim to have 4K content and not be able to provide a single example ????  Btw, HD also means nothing.. to some 720 is HD..as is Game of Thrones.

Is there any 1080i/p/4K content available ?

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode

Hi Luke.

The Showmax team has advised that the resolution a program is provided is indicated under Settings> Quality. 

@Sybawoods, Game of Thrones is available in HD on the website. 

The team is unable to provide actual examples of shows that are provided in 4k resolution. They do, however, claim that, they have content available in the resolution. 

Doin' it 4 Tv

As asked before... examples would be nice Smiley Happy  It will help if the available resolution is indicated with the movie or series (HD/UHD/etc)   .  Same as on Netflix

or 720/1080i/p/2K/4K  Smiley Happy

Hi Sybawoods. That's correct. The Showmax team has confirmed as I have replayed to you. I'll engage with them for the specific content and the device you have queried about. I'll revert back as soon as they've responded to  me. 

Highlighted
Doccie

Any further update on this @Julia_DStv1 ?

Your reply seemed to suggest that 4K and 1080P content is available from certain suppliers?