Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Showmax Options

6 REPLIES 6
New poster

Re: Showmax Options

Well then the 2 management teams needs to work to find a column goal .There you debate about best practice and root cause of the problem and add some more CPU on the explora to cater for it to work.Setup a task team pr a roadshow

Showmaxed

@krugie wrote:

@Optimist wrote:

If it can't be done it will be because of studio rights issues, which I think must mean too much cost to the service to be licenced for that in their opinion :-(

And available space on the Explora hard drive could play a role as well - it might impact on available recording space (as advertised).

Could be, or they may see it the same way as CU+ downloads which doesn't have restrictions.

Part of the problem of course is that it's two separate management teams even though the larger parent company is the same.

Red Carpet

@Optimist wrote:

If it can't be done it will be because of studio rights issues, which I think must mean too much cost to the service to be licenced for that in their opinion :-(

And available space on the Explora hard drive could play a role as well - it might impact on available recording space (as advertised).

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

This was discussed a long time ago, at the time MC management enquired and told us that Showmax was looking into a possible

downloading-on-Explora etc. service as well but there was no certainty and so no date for it, so get used to being only able to stream until we may hear otherwise.

New poster

Well noted.this a real problem so when you selct the stop buttom you must start from scratch.It is such a problem.What is different from netflix and showmax.Then i preferablly enjoy the netflix setup.Some needs to be done there must be quick work around.

Red Carpet

This is because Showmax content - unlike CatchUp - isn't (currently) downloaded onto your Explora hard drive - it is streamed live from the server. So if you press stop and you start again it has to be streamed again from the start.

This may or may not change in the future.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
New poster

Showmax Options

Good day i hope all is well.One concern is when watching any movie or series i cannot go back to where i started.Takign Netfix for example when  you go out of a movie to watch later there is no resume option where you left off.Please coudl you help or further advise me on this one.