Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Showmax - software disaster??

1 REPLY
BoxOffice

Re: Showmax - software disaster??

Unfortunately this is what I predicted some time ago when it became clear that ShowMax and CU/CU+ were moving closer together. I expressed the hope that some of ShowMax would rub off on CU/CU+ but the fear that the opposite will be true.

It will probably just be a matter of time before ShowMax also suffers the same buffering issues as CU+ and  over time all the CU/CU+ issues are probably going to surface on ShowMax as well.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Trending

Showmax - software disaster??

Sadly this morning's Showmax usage examples now has me convinced that the larger MC group failed massively when it came to assigning who handles Showmax software on the Explora and how.

The worst part is that non-tech white collar MC will blame the whole internal software development process, which was doing fine for years until a few months ago. But two guesses who will actually be found to be responsible for the poor changes...

The new Vikings episode is available but the folder wasn't in its usual place in the Featured section, and with no Favourites section and a search in Series being very long I decided to shortcut this by using the Showmax (SM) search facility.

1. The letter "V" only resulted in a folder for CU and another for BO, no results found for SM.

Only after adding the letter "i" then resulted in SM results and the needed folder.

2. I explored the folder, then came straight out (will watch another time) with the "Back" button. Instead of returning to earlier main sections of SM, the software decided to put me back in my past activity of searching which it then began to do again.

This is beyond belief. Such a lack of professionalism with software development can only be seen as a collapse of any professional sense, and this is the worst example I've ever seen by miles.