cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Late software report - 1110 (& 1131/2?)

2 REPLIES
Red Carpet

Re: Late software report - 1110 (& 1131/2?)

BTW, some of the error code banners are ridiculously huge, E30 for example - blocks most of the screen so makes dealing with issues very irritating.

@GeoffD wrote:

To complete the picture what is loader version for the 1110 (+2)?

It's L60/2.

Definitely the latest as I downloaded it last night. It was released somewhere around Nov. '16.

Do you maybe know someone with a 1131 or 1132 Geoff?

Trending

Re: Late software report - 1110 (& 1131/2?)

To complete the picture what is loader version for the 1110 (+2)?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

Late software report - 1110 (& 1131/2?)

The SD-quality 1110 I've been examining is the last model made (+2) and had an interesting s/w update developed about 2 years ago which changed a lot on this decoder, so here's a summary for anyone still needing to refer to the info.

It's presumed that the later 1131/2 models had similar changes made to them.

1. This was the last of the SD decoders that allowed for a s/c marriage - the "new" software has now changed that to a compulsory pairing instead.

2. The reboot still must include a retune, but the retune only processes the needed 16 DVB-S transponders so is very fast now.

3. Menus that are deemed sensitive, such as parental and network control, are no longer password protected. A mistake IMO, but MC does that with the modern decoders as well now.

4. The LNB Switching Frequency for Hi Band control was added.

5. The EPG has completely changed, and is improved IMO. I particularly like the All Channels EPG greying-out inaccessible channels in the list - something not done elsewhere AFAIK, which is a pity.

6. As seen on modern decoders, the My Channels bouquet is now forced on one at times, not something I've ever liked as once we make a usage choice it should be respected.

7. A far more elaborate menu than any other SD decoder I've seen, which is quite useful.

To me the positives of what was done here looks like it was with a healthy respect for this older decoder, but with the further changes in the last few years it too will no doubt be reaching further stages of discontinuance soon enough. Pity it can never match the SD PVR or DualView with ability.