cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

2018/19 FA Community Shield

14 REPLIES
BoxOffice

Re: 2018/19 FA Community Shield (thread #2)

@Concerned1 wrote:

Has there been any response to this?

Just that they didn't get the rights, posted in the other thread that had the same name for some reason.

BoxOffice

Re: 2018/19 FA Community Shield

@MSDHUBERT wrote:

On top of all this, under Action attractions ,on Supersport, they only have two options: South Africa and Rest of Africa.  For them, England, Spain, Italy... belong to the "Rest of Africa". Is that ignorance, lack of geography insight or just lazyness to deliver acceptable services to people who pay money monthly to make them who they are today?

The South Africa and Rest Of Africa refers to DSTV channels available either in South Africa or in the Rest of Africa - not wherhe the sport events are taking place.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).

The English football (including Premier League, FA cup, League Cup and Champions League) is the ONLY reason I continue my DSTV subscription. Are you being serious? No FA cup? Ridiculous. Either get it back or reduce your rates! Does anyone know of another platform where you can view these matches on a permanent basis?

Has there been any response to this?

Has there been any response to this? Does anyone know of another platform other than DSTV for watching the English football? It is the ONLY reason I continue to pay excessive rates for DSTV?

Viewer

It is a shame that DSTV is only interested in our money but they don't care about what we want to see. So, we are not going to watch the Community shield and the FA Cup this year while they expect us to continue with our subscriptions?

On top of all this, under Action attractions ,on Supersport, they only have two options: South Africa and Rest of Africa.  For them, England, Spain, Italy... belong to the "Rest of Africa". Is that ignorance, lack of geography insight or just lazyness to deliver acceptable services to people who pay money monthly to make them who they are today?

New poster

How do we have friendly with Manu and Bayern Munich and no Community Shield Final? Sounds like someone slipped up or maybe if Manu were in the final we would have seen it. Poor effort DSTV!

Highlighted
Doccie

The Community Shield is due to start in 5 hours, so I guess we won't be getting the promised response in time. Pity, as a game between Man City and Chelsea would be great to watch.

New poster

Is there any update on this? Please DStv don't make me regret renewing my subscription. Does this also mean you won't be airing the FA Cup matches? 

BoxOffice

@Deena wrote:

Just another reason to cancel DStv and move onto Netflix

This has nothing to do with Netflix? Changing to them isn't going to help...

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).