cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Annoying Soccer World Cup Logo

6 REPLIES
New poster

I was beginning to think I was the only person in the who...

I was beginning to think I was the only person in the whole country who was irritated by this nonsensical logo. I have been placing a card over the logo which is marginally less annoying. TV supersport.jpg

Doccie

Re: Annoying Soccer World Cup Logo

So what's the feedback here ?  This is now ruining viewing experiences across most if not all of the SuperSport channels.  Worse still, the Comedy Channel seems to have adopted the same irritation.  If this is the way DStv are going, I'll be cancelling my subscription soonest

Pathetic

Hi @Beetle and @DerekG - we're checking with the dept involved for feedback, as the issue was raised with them. 

New poster

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have SuperSport stop with this animated logo. I have asked ages ago on Facebook and Twitter and now add my plea here. I have taken to masking it with a bit of cardwhich is less intrusive than the constant annoyance of the logo.

Guess what? We actually know it’s the World Cup. 

Action

I'll add my name to this and say that I too find it annoying. Not that ANYONE at MC or Supersport will take any notice of it but I think the earlier suggestion of limiting these logos to the first few minutes of any show is a good idea. That is, IF it's even necessary to show it in the first place.

Oh well, I've said my piece but now it goes into cyberspace to get lost with all our other complaints and nothing will come of it. Still, I feel happier having expressed my dissatisfaction. Sigh.

Hi @hilt_ctn, we have forwarded your message for consideration. 

Highlighted
Doccie

Annoying Soccer World Cup Logo

I wonder if DStv has any idea how irritating the animated Soccer World Cup Logo is ? 

Not only does it take up an inappropriate amount of real estate on the screen, it draws ones eyes to it everytime if changes.  Thanks for ruining the Tennis finals and the Grand Prix. 

If you must animate a logo, limit it to the first 5 minutes of any given broadcast please, and then leave the SuperSport logo in place.  It's not like we DON'T know the World Cup Soccer is coming.  After all, you'd been reminding us with your animated logo for near 40 days