cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

English Premier League 2018/2019

Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: English Premier League 2018/2019

Nontsiki_DStv1. PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT THIS DISCUSSION IS NOT MEANT TO BE SEEN AS A BLOG DISCUSSION!!!!! NOBODY I KNOW BOTHERS TO READ THESE BLOGS AND CERTAINLY THOSE DSTV FORUMITES WHO FOLLOW ENGLISH FOOTBALL WILL NOT BE LOOKING HERE FOR ANY COMMENTS. 

KINDLY POST REMOVE THIS BLOG AND TRANSFER IT'S CONTENTS OVER TO THE THREAD FOR THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE ON THE OTHER FORUM WHERE A THREAD FOR THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE 2018/2019 HAS BEEN CREATED. 

DO THIS, OR POST YOUR EARLIER COMMENT IN THAT THREAD AND I'LL ANSWER IT. 

Community Manager

@Beetle, With Kevin De Bruyne injured, I say that makes Liverpool favourites Smiley Happy. Especially with their acquisitions of Fabinho and Keita who looked amazing against West Ham there is a genuine chance. The defence and keeper were the problem areas which have been rectified.

My predictions are Liverpool to win and City to come second. The real battle will be in the race for 3rd and 4th spot. What are your suggestions? Do you think Mourinho will make it to Christmas or will he be sacked? 

Doin' it 4 Tv

Don't know why I couldn't find this thread when I looked for it? Started to make a new thread when I was directed to this one. Anyway ...... 

Couple of games into the new season and already looking like a one horse race. Manchester City looking way superior to any other side I've seen so far this year. Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, united and Liverpool looking like once again challenging for the other top three Champions League places and being far short of challenging City for the title. 

Southampton, West Ham - in spite of all their transfer dealings looking like relegation contenders. Possible Newcastle too? But there are one or two other sides who are to be included with these three. Just cannot remember them. Must say that I haven't been too impressed with any of the sides I've seen so far this season. Apart from City that is. My Liverpool? Looked very good against West Ham but that was only one game. So, will be reserving judgement on them for now. Although that pretty much is how other teams should also be looked at for now. Still too early to really start making any sort of outrageous suggestions regarding who's going to be winning the league title and which sides are going to be relegated. 

Just had a manchester united friend of mine on the phone saying he needs a little break somewhere on the coast and could I recommend somewhere. I told him that I hear Brighton is hard to beat this time of the year. Smiley WinkSmiley LOL

Highlighted
Doin' it 4 Tv

English Premier League 2018/2019

Greetings fellow football supporters and those following manchester united. The new season is just about upon us and I for one am looking forward to it. Maybe come the end of the season I may wish it had never started but for now I'm mildly optimistic for my side Liverpool. Made some decent signings during the transfer window now to see how well they can perform in the League.

mourinho already been complaining about lack of players and poor attitudes? of some of them. I think that's what he was reported as saying. Nothing like getting the excuses in early.

Spurs seem to be sleeping because, at the moment, I don't recall seeing anything about them signing any players. Suppose they may think their squad from last year is good enough. Or maybe Kane is going to claim the league for them?

City been doing some business and signed a player or two, don't recall their names but Chelsea seem to be having a problem or two. Couple of their players possibly moving on. Hazard being one of them.

Fulham and West Ham seem to be improving their squads quite considerably and could be the dark horses for a top four place. Especially if one or two of the abovementioned sides go into decline because of a poor transfer window.

On another subject.

I have set up a SUPERBRU English Predictor League and an English Fantasy Football League. In both instances the name of the Group is DSTV Forumites with the Prediction League having Pathelal as the code name and Wadequiz as the code name for the Fantasy League. Please feel free to join either, or preferably, both of these competitions. No prizes and all for fun with a bit of banter should you feel like it.