Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

English Premier League 2018/2019

23 REPLIES 23
Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: English Premier League 2018/2019

Great hearing from you again Toto. However, as to your dethroning Manchester City I feel you may still have a while to wait before this happens. At the moment your side is in disarray and may take a long time to recover. You are now experiencing what Liverpool went through for a good number of years. We may not dethrone City this season, or perhaps may never do so, but at least we are giving them a run for their money when it comes to winning the league. Something which no other side is even coming close to doing. Even if, as now seems very likely, we fail to pick up any trophies this year I am still extremely happy with where we are and how we've progressed over the past few years. Can only see us improving even more over the next year or two. Especially if Klopp is still our manager. He is an attraction for lots of younger players who want to come and play under him. So, things are all good. Although a trophy or two are long overdue. 

Doccie

No worries BB we will come back to dethrone Man City considering that you can't do that LOL

Doin' it 4 Tv

Just checking up to see if Toto or Flynn are anywhere to be found? Doesn't seem as if it's Glory Glory manchester united any more? Welcome to where Liverpool were a couple of season's ago. 

Feel free, if anyone reads this in the first place, to contribute and take me to task if necessary, but I think it's going to take a bit of time before united get back up amongst the top teams. ole started off with a number of wins and, quite rightly based on those performances, got appointed as the manager. With hindsight that may have been a bit premature. Not making top four in the league will be disastrous as united will then struggle to get quality players to come sign for them. ole as a manager doesn't exactly have a great CV. Apart from those first few games at united. 

One of the best things united can do would be to get rid of pogba, lukaku and sanchez. These three bring nothing to the side. pogba only plays when he feels like it and then mostly only when he has the ball. His defensive qualities, and work rate, are very poor for someone of his calibre. Yet another good talent going to waste. He could be so much better. 

Doubt any united fan will be responding but that's just my view.

As for the EPL title, although I haven't completely given up, I think it will once again go to Manchester City. Cannot see them dropping any points in their remaining games. Of the two sides, Liverpool and City, I think Liverpool will be the more likely side to drop a point or two. But, as a Liverpool supporter, I'm very happy with the way the season has gone. Will obviously be disappointed at not winning silverware but at least we pushed City all the way. 

Red Carpet

I read them all for the banter but soccer is not my forte so I can't contribute.. sorry!  Man LOL

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Doin' it 4 Tv

Would be good to hear what others have to say on this topic. But unfortunately it seems as if there's very few who post anymore. Or even read these threads. 

I am not saying ole may not be the man for the job but, even with the record he has over the first few games, all I am saying is that he needs to be tested a bit more than he has been thus far. I am fairly certain that even with jose in charge united would have still won those games. Maybe not the Spurs one. But, under jose, it may have been by the odd goal or two. So, in this regard, ole has lifted the shackles a bit and allowed the players to play a more attacking type of game. Which is good. 

Doccie

The tune of many pundits ' United have done well only against minnows under Ole'

UNITED have scored 43% of their goals in 5 games out of 22 (which is less 23% of total matches). These games were no guarantee under the previous regime. Needless to remind you it is these games against minnows that win you titles... Look where we were 5 weeks ago. Completely written off now in contention for not just top 4 but top 3 in my opinion. You want Arsenal well see you on Friday night... OLE OLE OLE... OLE OLE OLE

20LEGEND

Doin' it 4 Tv

Thanks Optimist. I wasn't particulary worried/concerned or even interested in that post but must admit to a mild bit of curiousity as to what he was trying to achieve. Thanks for your clearing this up for me. 

Toto - I'll admit that ole has done well so far and that it's far more exciting watching united play under him that under jose but, and I'm not trying to have a go at you or united here, although you've won six games with ole at the helm, it was really only the Spurs game where his management skills were tested. You won, that's really all that matters, but you only did so thanks to de gea who played a blinder. Before going overboard on ole I would rather see how he goes against some more testing sides. Arsenal, Chelsea for example. No arguments that so far he's done fairly well. 

I have the same sort of trouble with a number of Liverpool supporters who think that Keita should start every game for us. He shows promise but, like most shouting for him to start, I've not seen him play before he came to Liverpool. They raise expectations beyond what it should be rather than waiting and giving the player a chance to settle down and then to see whether he is as good as they claim him to be. One good game does not a player make. Likewise managing a side like united, and winning, against sides low down on the league table does not make anyone a good manager. But, I'll admit, he hasn't done badly so far. ole that is. 

Showmaxed

@Beetle  , @uyenthuy  is just one of those jokers who likes to watch reaction to nonsense, or maybe its a bot looking for spamming opportunities. Just ignore it, like the Mod's who don't seem to understand much about that.

Highlighted
Doccie

Man utd fans do not make noise when the title is already lost especially when the great ennemy and the lesser ennemy are ahead but guess what we are looking forward to both of those coming to the reborn Old Trafford... As for the Spurs game it was a game of two halves. We struck first and needed to defend our lead. As far as I am concerned Ole has secured the job. He has the job with one and half hands... See you in February at the theater of dreams!

Doin' it 4 Tv

Uyenthuy posted "If you’re looking for the League Cup TV schedule for fans in the United States, you’ve come to the right place." I don't know what he's on about as DStv doesn't have the League Cup games and if they are shown in the USA it doesn't help us here in South Africa. Perhaps Uyenthuy would care to explain a bit further what he was getting at? 

man utd have been winning games yet there has been no comments from their supporters? Strange. ole, their new manager, has done well so far but I couldn't but help thinking that when Spurs started getting on top in the second half of the last game played between these two sides, that ole seemed to be a bit unsure as to what to do next. So perhaps he has a plan A but MAY be lacking a bit when it comes to having to change things to a plan B? Time will tell.