Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

English Premier League 2018/2019

20 REPLIES
Highlighted
BoxOffice

Re: English Premier League 2018/2019

I read them all for the banter but soccer is not my forte so I can't contribute.. sorry!  Man LOL

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Action

Would be good to hear what others have to say on this topic. But unfortunately it seems as if there's very few who post anymore. Or even read these threads. 

I am not saying ole may not be the man for the job but, even with the record he has over the first few games, all I am saying is that he needs to be tested a bit more than he has been thus far. I am fairly certain that even with jose in charge united would have still won those games. Maybe not the Spurs one. But, under jose, it may have been by the odd goal or two. So, in this regard, ole has lifted the shackles a bit and allowed the players to play a more attacking type of game. Which is good. 

Doccie

The tune of many pundits ' United have done well only against minnows under Ole'

UNITED have scored 43% of their goals in 5 games out of 22 (which is less 23% of total matches). These games were no guarantee under the previous regime. Needless to remind you it is these games against minnows that win you titles... Look where we were 5 weeks ago. Completely written off now in contention for not just top 4 but top 3 in my opinion. You want Arsenal well see you on Friday night... OLE OLE OLE... OLE OLE OLE

20LEGEND

Action

Thanks Optimist. I wasn't particulary worried/concerned or even interested in that post but must admit to a mild bit of curiousity as to what he was trying to achieve. Thanks for your clearing this up for me. 

Toto - I'll admit that ole has done well so far and that it's far more exciting watching united play under him that under jose but, and I'm not trying to have a go at you or united here, although you've won six games with ole at the helm, it was really only the Spurs game where his management skills were tested. You won, that's really all that matters, but you only did so thanks to de gea who played a blinder. Before going overboard on ole I would rather see how he goes against some more testing sides. Arsenal, Chelsea for example. No arguments that so far he's done fairly well. 

I have the same sort of trouble with a number of Liverpool supporters who think that Keita should start every game for us. He shows promise but, like most shouting for him to start, I've not seen him play before he came to Liverpool. They raise expectations beyond what it should be rather than waiting and giving the player a chance to settle down and then to see whether he is as good as they claim him to be. One good game does not a player make. Likewise managing a side like united, and winning, against sides low down on the league table does not make anyone a good manager. But, I'll admit, he hasn't done badly so far. ole that is. 

Trending

@Beetle  , @uyenthuy  is just one of those jokers who likes to watch reaction to nonsense, or maybe its a bot looking for spamming opportunities. Just ignore it, like the Mod's who don't seem to understand much about that.

Doccie

Man utd fans do not make noise when the title is already lost especially when the great ennemy and the lesser ennemy are ahead but guess what we are looking forward to both of those coming to the reborn Old Trafford... As for the Spurs game it was a game of two halves. We struck first and needed to defend our lead. As far as I am concerned Ole has secured the job. He has the job with one and half hands... See you in February at the theater of dreams!

Action

Uyenthuy posted "If you’re looking for the League Cup TV schedule for fans in the United States, you’ve come to the right place." I don't know what he's on about as DStv doesn't have the League Cup games and if they are shown in the USA it doesn't help us here in South Africa. Perhaps Uyenthuy would care to explain a bit further what he was getting at? 

man utd have been winning games yet there has been no comments from their supporters? Strange. ole, their new manager, has done well so far but I couldn't but help thinking that when Spurs started getting on top in the second half of the last game played between these two sides, that ole seemed to be a bit unsure as to what to do next. So perhaps he has a plan A but MAY be lacking a bit when it comes to having to change things to a plan B? Time will tell. 

New poster

If you’re looking for the League Cup TV schedule for fans in the United States, you’ve come to the right place.

Action

Flynn, where are you? Used to enjoy the banter with you but now you've left us. 

Seem to recall not too long ago how, on the old Forum admittedly, the man utd supporters were all over the site posting about their beloved, Glory Glory man utd. Now? Only comment made was weeks ago by Toto when he posted "mourinho out". Please no. He's doing a wonderful job at united. 

Watched the united and Arsenal game last night, well recorded it and viewed it first thing this morning, and thought it was a pretty good game. In the end perhaps a draw was a fair result. Both sides at least appeared to me, to be playing for the win and there wasn't too much negative football to be seen. 

Man City although not yet running away with the league due to Liverpool staying those two points behind them, are still the trailblazers and the side to catch. Personally, I don't see anyone catching them. Not unless there's a tremendous change in their performances. Chelsea losing last night was a bit of a surprise. 

Hughes getting fired by Southampton wasn't really any sort of surprise. I cannot understand how sides low down in the league table constantly sign managers such as Hughes, Allardyce and some others, to save them. It's like a musical chairs roundabout where these managers move from one club to another. Thoughts?

Ok. Remember that if you are wanting to watch the FA Cup matches you won't be able to do so on DStv as they don't have the rights. Sigh!!

Action

A man of few words I see. 

mourinho was a good manager, or at least got some good results, but that was during his first spell at Chelsea. He seems to have gone downhill since then. I lost respect for him, the little I may have had, when he had a go at the female medical assistant who went onto the field to attend to Hazard when he was injured. Since then he seems to have gone downhill and has become a very sour type of person. Something doesn't go right and it's always the player(s) fault. Never his own. As a Liverpool supporter I hope united keep him as their manager. Smiley Wink

Man City still seem to be the side to beat with Chelsea, based on their performance against Liverpool, not being too far behind. My Liverpool looking like challengers but somehow I think we not quite there yet. Poor Mo Salah not having the best of seasons so far. Insofar as scoring goals are concerned. Missing quite a few. Sigh. Arsenal seem to be coming right as well and Spurs could also be a top four contender. united, languishing in tenth place at the moment, need to get their act together quickly or could get left behind. But, still lots of time for them to put in a challenge. 

So, as per normal, it's pretty much the same teams challenging for the top four spots. For now anyway. West Ham could maybe be the surprise here but don't think they have enough reserve strenght to maintain any sort of challenge. Likewise with Watford and a couple of other sides. 

Newcastle, Huddersfield seem set for the drop.