Did you mean: 
Need help?

English Premier League 2018/2019

Doccie

Re: English Premier League 2018/2019

Mourinho Out now!

Action

Helloooo!! Hellooooo!! Where are those from the Theatre of Nighmares? Glory glory man utd? ha ha. Folly Folly man utd more like it at the moment. Sorry. Just stirring the pot and trying to get some conversation regarding the EPL going here.

Toto? Anything to say regarding the ongoing situation at your club? Who walks first? pogba or mourinho? Definitely seems to be something not quite right between those two. Possibly with sanchez as well? 

My view is that mourinho is on very thin ice and unless there's a huge improvement all round he could be on his way. Only thing saving him at the moment, in my opinion, is the large payout united would have to pay to him. Also perhaps not yet having someone to replace him. Zidane has been spoken about and is available so may not be a bad choice. 

Doccie

Beetle, 

Sorry for the confusion. I mean 3pm UK time which is 4 pm local time while summer in Europe and 5 pm local while winter in Europe.

It's indeed the goal rush slot. I watched the clean feed this past Saturday on SABC 3 HD. (Arsenal vs West Ham)

Action

Toto unless I'm very mistaken there is only one game that takes place at around this time? 15:00? Games start at around 13:30 or 14:30 with the majority of the games kicking off at either 16:00 or 17:00 depending on the time of the year. Goalrush normally only affects the later kick off games and not the early one when there is only the one game. So, it would seem to me that, as far as goalrush is concerned, we will still be having that problem. 

Doccie

The SABC 3 has solved the ridiculous goal rush problem by securing the clean feed of the 3pm feature game for the rest of the season available in HD.

This weekend they are broadcasting Arsenal vs West Ham commentated by Matt Holand alongside Jim Proudfoot. The pair always works the feature game every Saturday afternoon.

Fantastic news! Spoiled for choice!

Action

Nontski_dstv1 it would appear that the Blog has been removed? If that is the case then thank you. 

Action

Nontski_dstv1 the first thing you have to do here is nail your colours to the mast. What team in the English Premier League do you support? If any. 

Secondly, can you please remove the Blog for the English Premier League or is that something I, as the initiator of it, must do? Let's keep all posts around the present season of this league on this thread please. 

Regarding your prediction of Liverpool winning the league I will say that I like it and HOPE that it comes true but I feel that we are still a player or two light in certain positions. Anything happen to Van Dyk and our, Liverpool's, defence could again be suspect. Likewise to the keeper. Midfield seems to be pretty well covered and perhaps the forwards too. Should be able to maintain a challenge but will it be enough to win the league? I'm not sure about that. Prefer to keep my feet on the ground and see what happens over the next few months before making any sort of predictions along that line. 

City, even without De Bruyne did exellently over the weekend so they definitely have the depth to their squad and must even at this early age be seen as the favourites to win the league. 

Moaning mourinho? Hope he stays at united because it seems the longer he stays the more problems he's creating at the club. He lost the dressing room at Chelsea and now it seems like the same is happening at united. At Chelsea he fell out with their "star" player Hazard and now it seems like he's fallen out with united's "star" player pogba. Oh happy days. mourinho is under pressure not just on the field of play but also coming under a lot of pressure from the fans. Never seen so much discontent for united as I'm seeing on Twitter these days. Not from Liverpool supporters let me add, but from united's own supporters. Will he be gone by December? I doubt it because I think the squad is still going to be doing well enough to be challenging for a top four finish this season. Whether it will be because of mourinho or in spite of him may be debatable. But I can perhaps see him gone at the end of the season. 

Action

Nontsiki_DStv1. PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT THIS DISCUSSION IS NOT MEANT TO BE SEEN AS A BLOG DISCUSSION!!!!! NOBODY I KNOW BOTHERS TO READ THESE BLOGS AND CERTAINLY THOSE DSTV FORUMITES WHO FOLLOW ENGLISH FOOTBALL WILL NOT BE LOOKING HERE FOR ANY COMMENTS. 

KINDLY POST REMOVE THIS BLOG AND TRANSFER IT'S CONTENTS OVER TO THE THREAD FOR THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE ON THE OTHER FORUM WHERE A THREAD FOR THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE 2018/2019 HAS BEEN CREATED. 

DO THIS, OR POST YOUR EARLIER COMMENT IN THAT THREAD AND I'LL ANSWER IT. 

Community Manager

@Beetle, With Kevin De Bruyne injured, I say that makes Liverpool favourites Smiley Happy. Especially with their acquisitions of Fabinho and Keita who looked amazing against West Ham there is a genuine chance. The defence and keeper were the problem areas which have been rectified.

My predictions are Liverpool to win and City to come second. The real battle will be in the race for 3rd and 4th spot. What are your suggestions? Do you think Mourinho will make it to Christmas or will he be sacked? 

Action

Don't know why I couldn't find this thread when I looked for it? Started to make a new thread when I was directed to this one. Anyway ...... 

Couple of games into the new season and already looking like a one horse race. Manchester City looking way superior to any other side I've seen so far this year. Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, united and Liverpool looking like once again challenging for the other top three Champions League places and being far short of challenging City for the title. 

Southampton, West Ham - in spite of all their transfer dealings looking like relegation contenders. Possible Newcastle too? But there are one or two other sides who are to be included with these three. Just cannot remember them. Must say that I haven't been too impressed with any of the sides I've seen so far this season. Apart from City that is. My Liverpool? Looked very good against West Ham but that was only one game. So, will be reserving judgement on them for now. Although that pretty much is how other teams should also be looked at for now. Still too early to really start making any sort of outrageous suggestions regarding who's going to be winning the league title and which sides are going to be relegated. 

Just had a manchester united friend of mine on the phone saying he needs a little break somewhere on the coast and could I recommend somewhere. I told him that I hear Brighton is hard to beat this time of the year. Smiley WinkSmiley LOL