cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

English Premier League 2018/2019

New poster

Re: English Premier League 2018/2019

If you’re looking for the League Cup TV schedule for fans in the United States, you’ve come to the right place.

Doin' it 4 Tv

Flynn, where are you? Used to enjoy the banter with you but now you've left us. 

Seem to recall not too long ago how, on the old Forum admittedly, the man utd supporters were all over the site posting about their beloved, Glory Glory man utd. Now? Only comment made was weeks ago by Toto when he posted "mourinho out". Please no. He's doing a wonderful job at united. 

Watched the united and Arsenal game last night, well recorded it and viewed it first thing this morning, and thought it was a pretty good game. In the end perhaps a draw was a fair result. Both sides at least appeared to me, to be playing for the win and there wasn't too much negative football to be seen. 

Man City although not yet running away with the league due to Liverpool staying those two points behind them, are still the trailblazers and the side to catch. Personally, I don't see anyone catching them. Not unless there's a tremendous change in their performances. Chelsea losing last night was a bit of a surprise. 

Hughes getting fired by Southampton wasn't really any sort of surprise. I cannot understand how sides low down in the league table constantly sign managers such as Hughes, Allardyce and some others, to save them. It's like a musical chairs roundabout where these managers move from one club to another. Thoughts?

Ok. Remember that if you are wanting to watch the FA Cup matches you won't be able to do so on DStv as they don't have the rights. Sigh!!

Doin' it 4 Tv

A man of few words I see. 

mourinho was a good manager, or at least got some good results, but that was during his first spell at Chelsea. He seems to have gone downhill since then. I lost respect for him, the little I may have had, when he had a go at the female medical assistant who went onto the field to attend to Hazard when he was injured. Since then he seems to have gone downhill and has become a very sour type of person. Something doesn't go right and it's always the player(s) fault. Never his own. As a Liverpool supporter I hope united keep him as their manager. Smiley Wink

Man City still seem to be the side to beat with Chelsea, based on their performance against Liverpool, not being too far behind. My Liverpool looking like challengers but somehow I think we not quite there yet. Poor Mo Salah not having the best of seasons so far. Insofar as scoring goals are concerned. Missing quite a few. Sigh. Arsenal seem to be coming right as well and Spurs could also be a top four contender. united, languishing in tenth place at the moment, need to get their act together quickly or could get left behind. But, still lots of time for them to put in a challenge. 

So, as per normal, it's pretty much the same teams challenging for the top four spots. For now anyway. West Ham could maybe be the surprise here but don't think they have enough reserve strenght to maintain any sort of challenge. Likewise with Watford and a couple of other sides. 

Newcastle, Huddersfield seem set for the drop. 

Doccie

Mourinho Out now!

Doin' it 4 Tv

Helloooo!! Hellooooo!! Where are those from the Theatre of Nighmares? Glory glory man utd? ha ha. Folly Folly man utd more like it at the moment. Sorry. Just stirring the pot and trying to get some conversation regarding the EPL going here.

Toto? Anything to say regarding the ongoing situation at your club? Who walks first? pogba or mourinho? Definitely seems to be something not quite right between those two. Possibly with sanchez as well? 

My view is that mourinho is on very thin ice and unless there's a huge improvement all round he could be on his way. Only thing saving him at the moment, in my opinion, is the large payout united would have to pay to him. Also perhaps not yet having someone to replace him. Zidane has been spoken about and is available so may not be a bad choice. 

Doccie

Beetle, 

Sorry for the confusion. I mean 3pm UK time which is 4 pm local time while summer in Europe and 5 pm local while winter in Europe.

It's indeed the goal rush slot. I watched the clean feed this past Saturday on SABC 3 HD. (Arsenal vs West Ham)

Doin' it 4 Tv

Toto unless I'm very mistaken there is only one game that takes place at around this time? 15:00? Games start at around 13:30 or 14:30 with the majority of the games kicking off at either 16:00 or 17:00 depending on the time of the year. Goalrush normally only affects the later kick off games and not the early one when there is only the one game. So, it would seem to me that, as far as goalrush is concerned, we will still be having that problem. 

Doccie

The SABC 3 has solved the ridiculous goal rush problem by securing the clean feed of the 3pm feature game for the rest of the season available in HD.

This weekend they are broadcasting Arsenal vs West Ham commentated by Matt Holand alongside Jim Proudfoot. The pair always works the feature game every Saturday afternoon.

Fantastic news! Spoiled for choice!

Doin' it 4 Tv

Nontski_dstv1 it would appear that the Blog has been removed? If that is the case then thank you. 

Doin' it 4 Tv

Nontski_dstv1 the first thing you have to do here is nail your colours to the mast. What team in the English Premier League do you support? If any. 

Secondly, can you please remove the Blog for the English Premier League or is that something I, as the initiator of it, must do? Let's keep all posts around the present season of this league on this thread please. 

Regarding your prediction of Liverpool winning the league I will say that I like it and HOPE that it comes true but I feel that we are still a player or two light in certain positions. Anything happen to Van Dyk and our, Liverpool's, defence could again be suspect. Likewise to the keeper. Midfield seems to be pretty well covered and perhaps the forwards too. Should be able to maintain a challenge but will it be enough to win the league? I'm not sure about that. Prefer to keep my feet on the ground and see what happens over the next few months before making any sort of predictions along that line. 

City, even without De Bruyne did exellently over the weekend so they definitely have the depth to their squad and must even at this early age be seen as the favourites to win the league. 

Moaning mourinho? Hope he stays at united because it seems the longer he stays the more problems he's creating at the club. He lost the dressing room at Chelsea and now it seems like the same is happening at united. At Chelsea he fell out with their "star" player Hazard and now it seems like he's fallen out with united's "star" player pogba. Oh happy days. mourinho is under pressure not just on the field of play but also coming under a lot of pressure from the fans. Never seen so much discontent for united as I'm seeing on Twitter these days. Not from Liverpool supporters let me add, but from united's own supporters. Will he be gone by December? I doubt it because I think the squad is still going to be doing well enough to be challenging for a top four finish this season. Whether it will be because of mourinho or in spite of him may be debatable. But I can perhaps see him gone at the end of the season.