cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Football World Cup 2018

Community Manager

Re: Football World Cup 2018

Hi @Fourtuner, the information provided to us by FIFA shows a 15 minute opening ceremony.

There’s a buildup show that will take place from 15:00 leading into the WC opening ceremony which will take place at 16:30. Times are subject to change. 

Doccie

DStv Guide is showing the opening ceremony from 16:30 - 16:45.  Can somebody confirm if these times are correct.  I'm also surprised to see that is only 15 minutes long, I thought these things were longer.

BoxOffice

Apologies for the off-topic but at least it is a World Cup related question Smiley Happy  Any idea why/how the opening ceremony is only 15 minutes tomorrow? 20H00 to 20H15? Is this correct?

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Action

Just a reminder to anyone seeing this that there is a Superbru DStv Forumites Prediction League available for you to join but please do so quickly as the tournament is about to start soon. Go to Superbru website and look for the following : The League name is DStv Forumites and the Pool Code is cragtwin.

For those that have already joined please don't forget to make your picks.

Anyone here able to pass this information onto Flynn please? Thanks.

Highlighted
Action

Football World Cup 2018

Just on a month to go to the start of the Football World Cup. Anyone have any favourtites to win this competition? Personally think this must be one of the most open World Cup for sometime. To me there's no clear cut favourite although one cannot discount the bookie's favourites of Germany and Brazil. When last I saw they were the two favourites but this may have changed now? If I were forced to make a suggestion then I'd go with Germany but it wouldn't be stated with any sort of confidence.

Will be supporting England but, although they SHOULD make it out of the group stages I'm not expecting them to progress much beyond that. Still, I can hope.

On the subject of the Football World Cup just to advise that there is a Superbru Football World Cup Prediction League that has been set up. Please ANYONE associated with this forum feel free to come and join with us. The League name is DStv Forumites and the Pool Code is cragtwin. Looking forward to approving your membership to the league.