Welcome to Sports

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Supersport Active App - STILL no progress ?

30 REPLIES 30
Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: Supersport Active App - STILL no progress ?

We are glad to hear that feedbackSmiley Happy

BoxOffice

Thank you @Cya_DStv1 - the current change is already a big improvement.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Doin' it 4 Tv

We are still working on the sports pages so hopefully, that can be completed soon.

The issue raised about only showing the next 20 records you're correct in that it is a memory issue. The application size, unfortunately, limits us in the number of rows we can show in Action Attractions. We have raised this before with the decoder dev teams, but I will raise it again.

Johan

BoxOffice

We have not had any further feedback regarding this? However, at times I have seen some changes. Last night when I looked at Action Attractions/Today just after 21H00 it only showed events from 20H30 onward - exactly what is required. This morning (at 09H20) it is still showing 2 events from 05H00/06H30 but both are still ongoing so that is also 100% correct.

I still have 2 issues though:

- The number of events being shown has not increased - either due to a memory issue or bad coding/programming. This means not all upcoming events for a day are displayed - only the next 20. But a MAJOR  improvement now that events in the past are not shown so thank you for that!

- The second issue is more serious. While Action Attractions/Today appears to now be useful, the same changes have not been applied to the individual sport sections - why?? Action Attractions/Football (for example) still shows many events in the past. Whatever was changed in the TODAY section must also be done for Football, Rugby. Cricket, Golf & Motorsport please? The problem is not easy to see in some of the sections since Golf (for example) has no events coming up until tomorrow - but on the Football page one can clearly see that there is still an issue.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
BoxOffice

Thank you @Cya_DStv1 - looking forward to that and very much hoping it really fixes the issues.

Doin' it 4 Tv

Hi All

We are actually doing a change this week which we hope will resolve this issue permanently, as of Sunday, these issues will be resolved but we will ask on this thread for you to test from your end.

Action

Two weeks and still no feedback? Not very good I'm afraid. Especially when this issue has been ongoing for a number of months already. Why not just say things are as they are and that the "technicians" aren't bothered to fix up the problem? Or, as seems more likely, are unable to do so? 

Hi @krugie, apologies for the delay our techies are still looking into this, we will let you know as soon as we have feedback.~ 

BoxOffice

@ltshizane_DStv1 - may I please have a response from the team involved?

BoxOffice

@ltshizane_DStv1 - I posted screen shots with detailed explanations of the problems 3 weeks ago - please scroll down. Nothing has changed - it has been like this literally for YEARS. Look at the times the photos were taken, the dates, what was displayed, and read my descriptions.

Looking at it on a weekday might make it look OK as there are not many live events. It is a total different story on a busy weekend when not even half of the events are displayed.

Just looking at it right now - Action Attractions/South Africa/Today. The first three entries are for 2 September (yesterday) - so how is that fine? Scroll all the way down and the last entry is for 06h10 this morning - so nothing for today after 06H10 is shown? It is now 14H14 - so it is of no use - everything  shown has already happened hours ago? It should only show events from the current time onward (nothing  that has already happened) - and all the way up to midnight.