Welcome to Sports

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Supersport Active App - STILL no progress ?

Action

Re: Supersport Active App - STILL no progress ?

I've steered well clear of the Weather, News and Sport Apps because of the rebooting problems associated with these apps. I therefore cannot really comment on the working of the Supersport Active App but these Apps, to me, are now a total waste of time and not something MC should ever be advertising as part of the package that they provide.

Krugie, I must, regretably, agree with you that it would seem that the programmers hired by MC are not up to standard. Stated this a year or so ago and, in spite of MC Marietjies comments at the time, have seen nothing to make me change my opinion of them.

Red Carpet

Far too few important repairs, very little visible QA, faulty software growing, excessive poor content changes, broken promises, increasing terrible service issues, us all shoved into a meaningless quiet corner... MC, your competition will eat you up if you don't stop the obvious very serious decay going on!

BoxOffice

So it is now ANOTHER TWO MONTHS later and nothing has been changed or done. At LEAST 6 months after we were told by MC Marietjie that this will not take long to fix so none of our suggested interim solutions are required. Really? How long is "not long"?

The Action Attractions/Today is still as useless as ever - often showing only attractions already past. If it can't be fixed, please remove it as it serves the same purpose as a TV channel just broadcasting a logo 24 hours a day.

And the Results page of the Rugby World Cup Sevens indicate P+ and P- to scroll up and down but no scrolling is possible. A problem reported with MANY pages for AT LEAST TWO YEARS !!!!!!!!!!! I have honestly not seen such inadequate development in my life. The developers/IT people behind this app must be the most incapable in the country!

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
BoxOffice

To highlight the problem - it is now 16H30 and the app still shows exactly the same 20 entries under Action Attractions - Today as this morning. It still starts with attractions at 23:35 yesterday and ends with one entry at 18H00 today. There are 4 pages of entries with 20 entries in total and 16 of the 20 are already in the past - with no action attractions after 18H00 displayed. In other words - it is basically useless for the rest of the day and evening.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
BoxOffice

@Kagiso_DStv1 wrote:

@krugie, the update was done yesterday. Hence, it starts with scheduling from the 22nd of May. 

@Kagiso_DStv1 OK - I don't understand - the data should update all the time? It always worked like this which is exactly what the reported problem was? If you look at attractions for TODAY it starts with attractions from the previous day (which is not correct ??)  and shows many attractions already in the past? The request was that it only shows upcoming attractions for the current day - not ones that already happened and also ALL attractions right up to midnight?

From what I can see it is still doing what it always did - I don't see any change?

@krugie, the update was done yesterday. Hence, it starts with scheduling from the 22nd of May. 

BoxOffice

@Kagiso_DStv1 wrote:

@krugie, the Explora Supersport Active App has been updated. Please check and confirm. 

@Kagiso_DStv1 is there a way to confirm that I have the updated app? If I look at Action Attractions (South Africa) for today (23 May) it still starts with attractions at 23:35 on 22 May and ends at 17:45 on 23 May.

@krugie, the Explora Supersport Active App has been updated. Please check and confirm. 

Action

Well put Krugie and I agree with you 100+%. DStv, including Supersport, are no longer the business that they once used to be. Far too much wrong with them. Starting perhaps with this Forum.

SOMEONE at Mulichoice needs a kick or two up their 'you know where' to wake them up and get back on track before they lose many more subscribers.

However, I wonder how many MC personel actually read what is being written on this Forum? Not many if any is my guess.

Hi @krugie, we'll send your post to the responsible team and ask for feedback.