Welcome to Sports

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Supersport Active App - STILL no progress ?

Red Carpet

Re: Supersport Active App - STILL no progress ?

And this one is even worse - and I would like a reply to this post from MC and/or the relevant team please. How can this be acceptable in ANY environment - let alone not noticed or acted on and corrected as a matter of urgency.... and it has been like this since the day the Explora launched!!!!!!!! How many years are that now?

Taken at 22H49 last night (9 August) - looking at the Action Attractions - Tomorrow option on the menu (i.e. I want to see attractions for 10 August. The first three attractions are not only for the incorrect day (9 August) - they are already in the PAST even for that day!! So I am asking about things for the FOLLOWING day - i.e. in the FUTURE - and I am being shown events that have already happened!!!!! It is absolutely pathetic!

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

So I have decided to post some examples to prove my point. Two separate posts since we can STILL not include photos in our posts (the less I say about that the better) - and we can only attached one photo per post.

This photo was taken at 22H49 last night - 9 August. Action attractions for the day (i.e. TODAY on the menu) - end at 13H30 - nothing after that is displayed so the feature has absolutely no use for anyone after 13H30 in the day.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

I hardly ever access my 2P nowadays - it is basically only for when I have too many recording clashes Smiley Happy so I don't use the apps on there at all. I am aware of all the issues though - I was just stating that the SuperSport functionality that STILL isn't available or working on the Explora all existed and worked on the 2P already so we have less usable features now than what we had 10 year ago. Man Frustrated

Doin' it 4 Tv

Krugie it's really my 2P Decoder that has the issues. I go to those apps and within a day or two I start getting daily reboots. Sometimes more than one a day. For this reason I've mainly avoided those apps altogether on either of my two decoders. Explora and the 2P.

There were numerous posts regarding this issue on the old forum but that all seems to be lost now.

Red Carpet

I agree Beetle. My PVR 2P has better (and working) functionality on the SuperSport app and it is probably 10 years old!

Doin' it 4 Tv

I've steered well clear of the Weather, News and Sport Apps because of the rebooting problems associated with these apps. I therefore cannot really comment on the working of the Supersport Active App but these Apps, to me, are now a total waste of time and not something MC should ever be advertising as part of the package that they provide.

Krugie, I must, regretably, agree with you that it would seem that the programmers hired by MC are not up to standard. Stated this a year or so ago and, in spite of MC Marietjies comments at the time, have seen nothing to make me change my opinion of them.

Showmaxed

Far too few important repairs, very little visible QA, faulty software growing, excessive poor content changes, broken promises, increasing terrible service issues, us all shoved into a meaningless quiet corner... MC, your competition will eat you up if you don't stop the obvious very serious decay going on!

Red Carpet

So it is now ANOTHER TWO MONTHS later and nothing has been changed or done. At LEAST 6 months after we were told by MC Marietjie that this will not take long to fix so none of our suggested interim solutions are required. Really? How long is "not long"?

The Action Attractions/Today is still as useless as ever - often showing only attractions already past. If it can't be fixed, please remove it as it serves the same purpose as a TV channel just broadcasting a logo 24 hours a day.

And the Results page of the Rugby World Cup Sevens indicate P+ and P- to scroll up and down but no scrolling is possible. A problem reported with MANY pages for AT LEAST TWO YEARS !!!!!!!!!!! I have honestly not seen such inadequate development in my life. The developers/IT people behind this app must be the most incapable in the country!

Red Carpet

To highlight the problem - it is now 16H30 and the app still shows exactly the same 20 entries under Action Attractions - Today as this morning. It still starts with attractions at 23:35 yesterday and ends with one entry at 18H00 today. There are 4 pages of entries with 20 entries in total and 16 of the 20 are already in the past - with no action attractions after 18H00 displayed. In other words - it is basically useless for the rest of the day and evening.

Red Carpet

@Kagiso_DStv1 wrote:

@krugie, the update was done yesterday. Hence, it starts with scheduling from the 22nd of May. 

@Kagiso_DStv1 OK - I don't understand - the data should update all the time? It always worked like this which is exactly what the reported problem was? If you look at attractions for TODAY it starts with attractions from the previous day (which is not correct ??)  and shows many attractions already in the past? The request was that it only shows upcoming attractions for the current day - not ones that already happened and also ALL attractions right up to midnight?

From what I can see it is still doing what it always did - I don't see any change?