Supersport coverage of English Premier League 2017/18

Doccie

Re: Supersport coverage of English Premier League 2017/18

New poster

Here's the official response:

Dear Sir

Thank you for your email.

Please see below feedback from the Super Sport Department.

SuperSport does broadcast all the 380 Premier League matches as per our promos across all channels. However, what the promo does not say, is that all matches will be live.

SuperSport endeavours to broadcast as much as it can live, but the sheer volume of content and the lack of capacity ensures that this isn't always possible.

Should you need any further help, feel free to contact us.

Kind regards,
Janine Benjamin

Highlighted
Red Carpet

I saw an ad just last night saying all 360 (I think?) matches are beng shown live.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
New poster

Thanks. I'm neither a Stoke or Burnley fan, but it would have been good to have been given the option to watch the game live. These days, this should be technically possible - I spend some of the year in the UK and on the Sky platform there 'overflow' cricket and football matches are available behind the red button feature.

I note that both Crystal Palace v Leicester City and Burnley v Brighton are not being shown this coming Saturday, yet Supersport 11 and 12 aren't being used for anything at the time.

Doccie

Coverage of all games live is promised, but sometimes logistics doesn't make that possible, for example during the commonwealth games all 14 supersport channels were broadcasting live content at the same time and thus didnt nabe a slot for the less popular game.

Doin' it 4 Tv

Possibly because Supersport thought there wasn't enough interest in the Stoke vs Burnley game. Never mind that there was a lot at stake regarding the relegation battle for Stoke and a possible European spot next year for Burnley. Think they thought that they should rather show more exciting sport on two of their other channels. Unless I'm very mistaken we had cycle racing on two different channels at the time this football match was taking place. Two different races. Not that I'm against seeing cycle races but Supersport seem to be giving us just about EVERY cycle race that's being run in Europe. If not the world.

But I do think this Stoke/Burnley match was broadcast later in the evening at around 21:00?

New poster

Supersport coverage of English Premier League 2017/18

Hi all,

I was led to believe that Supersport would be covering all 380 English Premier League matches this season (see here), but this doesn't seem to have been the case over the last few weeks. For example, (unless I am mistaken) the Stoke v Burnley game on Sunday 22nd April was not shown live.

Can anyone shed any light?