cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Supersport coverage of English Premier League 2017/18

Doccie

Re: Supersport coverage of English Premier League 2017/18

Clinton used to be available directly on the forum a few years ago. Memories Smiley Sad

New poster

Wrote to the top brass, and this was the response:

Dear Sir,

Gideon Khobane asked me to respond on his behalf.

Unfortunately, I first had to wait for the schedulers to come in to check on the state of play. The Burnley match was broadcast live (SS6), although SuperSport missed the first five minutes due to the GP qualifying running over.

Efforts to broadcast all matches live are stymied by capacity pressure, hence the Burnley match broadcast being delayed to 11.30am today (SS5). I have asked the team at dot com to correct the ‘live’ mention on the release – please accept SuperSport’s sincere apologies in this regard.

The Premier League is massively important to SuperSport and to viewers – we will continue to broadcast as much of it as possible.

Kind regards,

Clinton van der Berg 
Communications Manager

T: +27116867637 | F: 0862118733 | C: +27832974677 
E: Clinton.vanderBerg@supersport.com | W: www.supersport.com
A: MultiChoice City | 144 Bram Fischer Drive | Randburg | 2194 | South Africa

Feel free to give Clinton a shout if this bugs you as much as it does me.

Doccie

It is implied by the wording though. It refers to 380 games then says "Experience ALL the unrivalled coverage LIVE and in HD."

New poster

That video is from last season, but sadly there is no mention of all 380 games being covered live - that key word is missing.

Doccie

Doccie

I personally think the press release carries more weight...And it clearly states all 380 games to air live.... Anyway l might have missed something.

New poster

I was referring to krugie’s message that implied there may have been a TV ad shown recently, claiming all 380 games were shown live.

Doccie

The link has been given to you above...

New poster

I've asked for my email to be escalated to senior management, not that I think that is likely to happen.

If anyone captures that promo promising all 380 games live, then give me a shout!

Highlighted
Doin' it 4 Tv

Good news indeed.