Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Terrible Coveragae of the Blitzbokke winning the Sevens Final today

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Red Carpet

Re: Terrible Coveragae of the Blitzbokke winning the Sevens Final today

I heard afterwards that the 7s switched over to channel 200 and the medal ceremony was shown live there - but NO NOTICE of this on channel 201! No excuse will be acceptable - sorry SS - you totally messed up a great SA sporting moment!

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).

Re: Terrible Coveragae of the Blitzbokke winning the Sevens Final today

Hi ShaunM. We're really sorry about the interruption in viewing. The SuperSport team had to cut the celebration of Rugby due to the Live Golf feed which came in, However the Rugby match was finished only celebration was cut. The Golf had to be moved to 3pm due to bad weather. 

Viewer

Terrible Coveragae of the Blitzbokke winning the Sevens Final today

To whom it may concern at DStv and Multichioce
Today's final of the Sevens Rugby saw South Africa come back from the dead at half time and beat Fiji.

An amazing achievement for our Blitzbokke heroes but the moment was completely ruined for all their faithful supporters when the DStv programmers (for reasons best known to themselves) decided to NOT cover the jubilant players celebrating and receiving the tournament trophy and instead thrust 5 minutes of adverts down our throats (which one put up with only because you fully expected be going back to medal ceromoies) but instead we were just transfered to scenes of crowds crossing a fairway at the US Masters ,.... I mean seriously could you really just not delay your program switch for 10 minutes .........???!!!

This seems to re-enforce the growing believe that DStv/Multichoice is loosing the plot and going the right way to loose even more of its customer base to alternative media channels.
The main reason many DStv subcribers are prepared to continue shelling out huge sums of money each month is for the sports coverage on the SS channels - if you can't do a good job of that then you deserve to go out of business.

DStv advertisers also need to realise they leave a negative impression of their brands on the minds viewers when their adverts get in the way of experiencing the moment of victory.

I would like to know how many other viewers feel the same way as myself?

I would also appreciate a response from a senior manager at DStv to explain how they plan to remedy this serious mistake.
Shaun Madison