Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Will the Rugby World Cup be in 4K?

2 REPLIES 2
Doccie

Re: Will the Rugby World Cup be in 4K?

Yes, I meant via streaming. That's how we were able to view the Soccer World Cup in 4K i.e. via a dedicated 4K streaming channel.

Red Carpet

Re: Will the Rugby World Cup be in 4K?

No existing decoders are 4K capable as far as I know but I could be wrong. They will likely therefore only be able to offer 4K via streaming and DSTV Now (if at all).

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Doccie

Will the Rugby World Cup be in 4K?

All the 4k hype post the Soccer World Cup has died. Will we get the Rugby World Cup in 4K?

I see that a 4K feed is available from the host broadcaster in Tokyo Japan. Will SuperSport / DSTV take advantage of this?

"An enhanced offering for 2019 will give Rights Holding Broadcasters (RHBs) a wider selection of feeds and content, including 4K, increased use of cable camera coverage (34 out of 48 matches), a Media Server, Augmented Reality (AR) graphics, plus a dedicated social media content package, including short-form video clips, 360° video and infographics.”