Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

World cricket

SOLVED
Nominee

Re: World cricket

Has there been anything really exciting in the other games people, are we missing anything much?

(Tennis now slow until Wimbledon :-p )

@Beetle wrote:

Someone I know is saying that the tournament shouldn't have been given to England because of the high chance of rain falling in England. 

That is so true.

Very difficult, at this stage, to say which of the sides are favourites to go through. Unless there's a big improvement in the weather more games are going to be abandoned and this will play havoc with the final results. As to what results we want from the other games in order to help the Proteas I really don't know. Still too many games left to work this one out. But even then, it's going to take a minor miracle for this Protea side to progress. Still need to play Australia and New Zealand who are two of the favourites to go through to the final stages. Both those sides seem to be far better balanced than we do. Then there's the unpredictable Pakistanis as well. No, I'm not at all confident that the Proteas will progress even if the weather, to some extent, assists them. 

That is sad Woman Sad

Trending

Personally I think our only chance of qualifying is for all non-SA game to rain out and SA to win all their games (without any rain).

Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Doin' it 4 Tv

It's a pity about the weather which, I have been told by someone from the UK, is most unusual for this time of the year. Apparently, in one area they received more than the month's average in just one day. Someone I know is saying that the tournament shouldn't have been given to England because of the high chance of rain falling in England. But that's another story. 

Very difficult, at this stage, to say which of the sides are favourites to go through. Unless there's a big improvement in the weather more games are going to be abandoned and this will play havoc with the final results. As to what results we want from the other games in order to help the Proteas I really don't know. Still too many games left to work this one out. But even then, it's going to take a minor miracle for this Protea side to progress. Still need to play Australia and New Zealand who are two of the favourites to go through to the final stages. Both those sides seem to be far better balanced than we do. Then there's the unpredictable Pakistanis as well. No, I'm not at all confident that the Proteas will progress even if the weather, to some extent, assists them. 

Red Carpet

The problem is there are more than 4 teams playing far better than we are.

The only winner so far has been the weather.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Romance

@GeoffD wrote:

Another rain delayed game! Probably the best thing that can happen for SA. Keeps the top team scores and NRR low. But certainly not making this CWC  worth the effort in my opinion

I think it's difficult to know what the best result for South Africa is.  What we might need is for two or three teams to win nearly all their matches so that we have a chance at grabbing one the remaining place(s).  But at the moment there are four teams who appear to have emerged as front-runners - New Zealand, England, Australia, and India - and having both New Zealand and India gain points, even just one, might not be as good for us as one of them losing outright and not getting anything.  And if there had been a loser their NRR would have dropped, which would help us more than it staying the same.

Do you think we should have beaten Bangladesh? The match vs the West Indies? Still torn between being happy for a point. Is there a match that we can be confident in winning? Still learning the sport *hides*.

Red Carpet

Another rain delayed game! Probably the best thing that can happen for SA. Keeps the top team scores and NRR low. But certainly not making this CWC  worth the effort in my opinion

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

nail biter between AUS and PAK.  Presumably, we should be hoping PAK wins iso AUS. Gives us a better chance of getting into the top 4.

Trending

I just heard this very sad fact: The Sri Lankan national anthem lasts longer than JP Duminy's average World Cup innings!

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).