Did you mean: 
Need help?

World cricket

SOLVED
115 REPLIES 115
Trending

Re: World cricket

@Optimist wrote:

And the shocks keep coming... well done NZ!!

Hope they win the whole thingStick Out Toungue.jpg

Well done indeed - definitely a surprise for me! Not sure I will be able to cope with them having both the rugby AND cricket World Cups at the same time! Smiley LOL

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Nominee

And the shocks keep coming... well done NZ!!

Hope they win the whole thingStick Out Toungue.jpg

Trending

Surprisingly it has turned into a very exciting game despite India's terrible start.... 31 needed of the last two overs!

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

!!!! India seems have got the same problem that we have. Over confident. Or, NZ  are watching the weather and playing as if they need to defend a rain delayed DLS position.

Good for them.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Action

@Optimist wrote:
Anything is an improvement over DLS.

Not the rain rules in the 1992 World Cup...

According to Cricinfo, New Zealand will resume their innings from where they left off.

Nominee

@GeoffD wrote:

So what happens today?

Carry on where they left off and complete 50 overseas or India start and play 46 overs with a DLS target?

I didn't listen to the discussion but would hope they'll first let NZ finish their innings with the whole day available. Anything is an improvement over DLS.

Red Carpet

So what happens today?

Carry on where they left off and complete 50 overseas or India start and play 46 overs with a DLS target?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Nominee

For those who will have missed the very late decision's on-screen announcement - today's semi will resume tomorrow, broadcast from 11:00 our time.

Action

Phehlukwayo seems to be used at the death a fair bit, so I think he's one of the designated death bowlers while Pretorius isn't for whatever reason, which may be why they went with him for the final over.  Pretorius probably should have bowled more though given the way he was going, and this might have been a case of juggling too many bowling options and getting the allocation wrong.

I don't think Amla has announced his retirement yet, but I do think he probably should.  He's starting to get into a position where he's doing just enough to keep his place and make him difficult to drop, but his performances are a long way from what we've become accustomed from him.

And I definitely agree that Tahir is going to be the most difficult to replace.  I understand why they've been looking at Shamsi as his backup/potential replacement as left-arm wristspinners aren't particularly common, so there's a bit of a mystery spinner aspect to him, but he's yet to reproduce his domestic form at international level.  To be fair, he hasn't had too many opportunities because it's ridiculous not to play Tahir as often as possible, so maybe he just needs decent run in the side, although I'm still not entirely convinced about him.  If not Shamsi then there are a few other potential options such as Maharaj, Bjorn Fortuin, and George Linde - all of whom offer more with the bat than Shamsi (although that shouldn't necessarily be a reason for their selection), so we might see all of them being given a chance to stake their claim.

Highlighted
Doin' it 4 Tv

I, as you know, go off and let it all out only to be shown how wrong my thinking may be. But it does at least make for some sort of interaction here. I definitely do not claim to know THAT much about the game and only give my, mostly uninformed, opinions on the subject. Sometimes I've been proven correct while at other times I've had to go eat humble pie. Yet, at other times, I've disagreed with others who have taken me to task or said something that I've not agreed with. 

So, you have just about as much knowledge, reason or whatever it is to post your comments here as much as any of us have. Please feel free to make a fool of yourself in the same way as I do. Smiley LOL