Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

fa cup status

14 REPLIES 14
Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: fa cup status

Citanul, I really don't know if there's another broadcaster in South Africa that has the rights to this event but I would imagine there must be. Just strange that they haven't been putting this forward as a marketing ploy for themselves. Will wait and see what further developments arise around this issue. But I'm currently paying close on R1000 a month for DStv and cannot afford to pay out more for another provider. Wife will kill me. So, it will be a case of trying to stream these games from somewhere, or considering cancelling my DStv subscription and taking out a subscription with iptv or similar. These providers do, from what I've seen of their site, show just about every sporting event.

Action

I realise that I might be touching on something that can't really be discussed here, but does this mean that the FA Cup isn't going to be broadcast in South Africa?  I know that there are other satellite TV providers, but I didn't think any of them had a sports channel with enough clout to be able to acquire the rights for a competition of that magnitude.

Doin' it 4 Tv

Citanul, it's just the way MC has deteriorated over the past few months/years. This Forum is a bit of a joke with all the work being done by Forumites and the help being received here has now become very suspect as well.
Unless I'm mistaken I think I mentioned earlier that Supersport on Twitter announced that the games WEREN"T going to be shown. Then this Forum replied that they were and that negotiations had just been concluded confirming the showing of these games.
Just pathetic.

Action

@ltshizane_DStv1 wrote:

Hi @Beetle, at the time of that response we had not acquired the rights, but we can confirm that we will be showing the FA Cup.~ 

@Kagiso_DStv1 wrote:

@Beetle, Supersport does not have the rights to broadcast the FA Cup. 

I don't watch soccer, but I couldn't help but weigh in here.  How can there first be a confirmation that SuperSport will be showing the FA Cup but then two weeks later a response that they don't have the rights?

Doin' it 4 Tv

Which isn't what we were told BY YOURSELVES earlier. Even went so far as to say you couldn't tell us anything before because of some reason or other but that Supersport did indeed now have the rights. Please in future DO NOT LIE to us or simply state what you THINK the answer is but stick to the facts. However bad they may be. But thank you for your prompt reply to my latest message.

Please convey the following to Supersport.

I would suggest that you start reading the media reports on both Twitter and Facebook regarding your not showing the FA Cup games. There are numerous people unhappy with this situation and threatening to end their subscriptions with Multichoice. Lots have now identified, or are receiving information, regarding other sites that will be streaming these games. Along with lots of other sporting events. Some of these sites are perfectly legal while some perhaps not so. All Supersport is doing by lowering their sports offerings is pointing subscribers to alternative viewing sites. It starting to make a lot more sense to use the R1000  a month that I'm using to pay for DStv to pay for an uncapped fast internet connection. I could then be saving the R500 I'm currently spending on Internet access.
People are going to be voting by cancelling their subscriptions. Oh, and a lot of these other streaming sites offer ALL sports.

You need to take notice of your subscribers and give them what they want or risk going under. Endless Cycle races for example? Some are very important and I have no problem with that but at the expense of what? The FA Cup is one of the most followed cup tournaments here in South Africa and has been so for years. Yet you now, according what I've read elsewhere, your CEO says that it's more important to screen some World Entertainment Wrestling competition?

Supersport, keep up your good work in losing the various English/European Football competitions and you'll soon go under. It's the EPL and it's associated competitions that are, in my opinion, keeping not only Supersport going but DStv as well.

I hope you'll be hiring more people to handle your call centres and media outlets once more people become aware that Supersport will not be showing the FA Cup games. Good luck. Perhaps refer ALL queries to the CEO of Supersport for his reply?

Thank you.

Oh, yes I am extremely angry and disappointed at losing yet another important footballing event.

@Beetle, Supersport does not have the rights to broadcast the FA Cup. 

Doin' it 4 Tv

So, just how long does it take MC representatives here to contact Supersport, or whoever, and find out whether Supersport DO or DO NOT have the rights to the English FA Cup matches? What is the reason for such a delay in coming back to us with the correct answer?

Surely the answer should be easy enough to obtain? Those moderating this Forum must have easy access to the MC/Supersport staff who can supply this answer?

Sorry, but this Community, what a misnommer, Forum isn't giving us the responses we expect from it. Not necessarily the answers we want to hear but rather an HONEST answer given within a reasonable period of time.

Doin' it 4 Tv

I appreciate your "keeping us informed should anything change" comment but what the heck is going on here? Firstly we are not told anything about this competition and we get information that you, Supersport, will NOT be screening the FA Cup matches. Then after complaints here you return to us and say that the matches WILL be screened as the rights have subsequently been obtained. That you couldn't say anything before because of the ongoing negotiations. You must have obtained this information from somewhere otherwise you were lying?

Now following my latest post you say "we are engaging with all the teams involved and you'll keep us posted should anything change" What the .... heck does THIS mean? DO DSTV/SUPERSPORT HAVE THE RIGHTS TO SHOW THE FA CUP MATCHES OR NOT?  Last we understood from your post is that we WILL be seeing the matches but this latest post of yours seems to contradict this.

Twitter, by the way, is going viral with complaints about the apparent non showing of these games. Kindly convey this to whomsoever is in charge of the broadcasting of these games. Someone there has posted that Supersport CEO Itumeleng Khobane cancelled the screenings of the FA Cup and the Community Shield in favour of World Wrestling Entertainment. If this is true then this CEO needs to get his head read as he's going to be costing DSTV lots of subscribers.

I await your further response.

Highlighted

Hi @Beetle - your point has been noted, and we're engaging with all the teams involved. We'll keep you posted should anything change. 

Doin' it 4 Tv

Now I really don't know what's going on or who to believe. I have just been reading on Twitter that DSTV Care have stated that Supersport DO NOT have the rights to the FA Cup matches. Does anyone at Supersport/DStv have the CORRECT information for us please?

Please try and be more professional in your dealing with problems and make sure that all MC/Supersport representatives KNOW what they are talking about? Either those on this Forum are useless or those dealing with queries on the DSTV Care platform are. What a ridiculous state of affairs. Very amateurish I'm afraid and showing total lack of respect for the subscribers.

So please, what is happening? Do we get to see the FA Cup matches on Supersport or do we start looking for alternative streaming services for our sports? With the cancellation of our Premium subscriptions.