14 REPLIES 14
Anime

Re: nascar and indycar other motorsport

Bit happier seeing some broadcasts of nascar and indy lately

Highlighted
BoxOffice

@Uzekamanzi wrote:

No Dakar & No Formula 2 this year ... last year, the TT was cut but we got the tohers .. this year, 

FYI there s a live broadcast of the FIA F2 championship Bahrain Race 2 on channel 206 at 13:10 today 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Anchor

This is a sad day for DSTV Premium to not have the rights to Nascar.  This happened a few years ago as well and they lost me until they brought Nascar back. I will definitely not be renewing my subscription until the motorsports offering is beefed up.  

New poster

They appear to be cutting down in a number of areas - No IoM TT races, No Dakar & No Formula 2 this year ... last year, the TT was cut but we got the tohers .. this year, nada. Time to go streaming, methinks.

Extra

Frustrating & extremely disappointing if dstv will not be broadcasting NASCAR in 2019. We’ve gotten to know & follow the series over the last 2 years through dstv and to them have it yanked like this leaves one wondering how the few Motorsport programs ( minus Asian Series which is a waste of time) justifies the price we’re paying for the premium bouquet. Dstv would have softened the blow by atleast giving us back WRC which will be interesting this year with Seb Loeb back in action.

Anime

thanks for that @JFR46 

Anime

I see the St Pete Indycar race is on live this weekend. Well done!!!

Anime

This is terrible news.  Buy hey, we do have every **bleep** football match played anywhere in the world.  DSTV, the end is near for me...

Anime

VERY dissapointing @NytRyda believe that the nascar series has started already.

what does it leave us with F1, motogp, sbk??? that it and the stupid asian gt championship that nobody watches

Anime

This is VERY disappointing news if Nascar and Indycar are not on Supersport/DSTV this season, because it was being broadcast last year.

This, combined with the lack of Formula E, makes the 2019 motorsport offering on DSTV very disappointing and not very exciting at all.

If this is the trend for Supersport/DSTV, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Indy 500 and Le Mans not being shown this year which would be another poor showing, especially considering what we pay for DSTV premium.