Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Apple TV App

SOLVED
Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: Apple TV App

@iBest That should not be, do consider sending mail to @DStvAfrica and make your suggestions. Usually, whatever we have in RSA gets rolled out gradually to the rest of our territories. 

Anime

Awesome!! Thanks for the letting me know, wouldn’t have known!

Much more convenient as I don’t have to AirPlay every time! And can play DSTV everywhere around the house!

No TV guide so far, but I’m sure it’s coming soon in a future update. 

However, I’m still stuck with low streaming quality. DSTV Mauritius told me it’s because DSTV South Africa doesn’t consider us to be a big subscriber base to consider changing its settings for us to get 720p let alone 1080p. 

Anime

The App was released this evening 

Showmaxed

DStv Mauritius unfortunately has no involvement with DStv South Africa, so the Mods can't assist. They mostly just use the same content. Suggest you contact your Multichoice Africa on facebook.

Anime

Thanks for your reply.

A native Apple TV app is badly required.

As for the stream from my iPhone X, I can confirm that the quality is far from 720p, let alone 1080p on the SuperSport channels. I am based in Mauritius, and currently subscribed to DSTV Mauritius, with a 30Mbps connection. But that shouldn't be the problem.

FYI, I can stream Netflix and iTunes movies in 4K.

Doin' it 4 Tv

@iBest As for the Apple TV app, we have not yet launched and are still in development. You should be able to stream at 1080p on the DStvNow app. Have you tested your connection speed and using the latest version of the app and the latest software on the device you are using to stream?

Anime

1st of August already and still now DSTV Now app on the Apple TV.

Whatever happened to your comment..."we are currently busy finalising our Apple TV app"

Anime

It is so long overdue! Already been a month since your reply, and yet no Apple TV app yet!

And hopefully the quality will be much better than the streaming available on the DSTV Now app on iPad and iPhone! I've never been able to stream at 1080p, or even 720p for Supersports.

Common already! 

Anime

It is so long overdue! Already been a month since your reply, and yet no Apple TV app yet!

And hopefully the quality will be much better than the streaming available on the DSTV Now app on iPad and iPhone! I've never been able to stream at 1080p, or even 720p for Supersports.

Common already! 

Highlighted
Doin' it 4 Tv

Yes, we are currently busy finalising our Apple TV app but unfortunately we cannot divulge more at this point.

View solution in original post