Welcome to Technical Info

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can I connect 2 by Explora 2A and one 4U via extraview?

SOLVED
3 REPLIES 3
Doccie

Re: Can I connect 2 by Explora 2A and one 4U via extraview?

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the info! Appreciated.

Replaced the LNB last year. Pretty sure it's been a Smart LNB since I replaced the old dual decoder with the explora and added the 2 4U decoders (had dual view before plus another HD PVR box - forget the code) - I assume it must be smart LNB to use the 2A and two by 4U decoders anyway.

The 3 decoders are all connected via the RF Out ports so I guess nothing to change.

Yes, the new 2A would be replacing one of the 4U so I'd just change the decoder to channel 2, as per the current 4U setting.

Red Carpet

Yes, will work fine. Even if all three decoders are connected to Unicable ports.

Make sure the replacement 2A is connected to a Unicable port and does NOT conflict with the other 2A.

I presume it is set to use decoder 1 settings?

Set the new 2A to use decoder 2 settings.

Set the remaining 4U to use decoder 3 settings IF it is connected to a unicable port.

If it is connected to a universal port, you can leave it as is.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM

View solution in original post

Showmaxed

Yes it will work.

@Fred wrote:

Is this a direct swop (assuming decoder number changed on the new 2A to match exisiting 4U)?

The call centre must first disconnect the XtraView (XV) for the 4U being discontinued, while it is connected and on. Only then can they add the new second 2A decoder (once that's then connected).

User Bands etc. will depend on your LNB / any Explora Switch (ES).

If you change your mind about decoder choices, first check if it's possible as some older decoder combinations can't work in a 3 decoder XV setup.

I won't be helping further.

Doccie

Can I connect 2 by Explora 2A and one 4U via extraview?

Currently have a 2A and 2 by 4U decoders connected with ExtraView.

Was thinking about replacing one of the 4U decoders with an additional 2A.

Would this work?

Is this a direct swop (assuming decoder number changed on the new 2A to match exisiting 4U)?