Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Channel 121 - no audio on adverts.

5 REPLIES 5
Telenovela

Re: Channel 121 - no audio on adverts.

Experienced this on my PACE4t.  Approx 3 of my recordings of Naked & Afraid had the audio missing on ALL ads and promos inbetween the show.

@GavinB wrote:

Explorer 1, 2 and single view are all set to fixed volume to enjoy Dolby output when available.

For the last two weeks, no audio on adverts. It started with one or two ads two weeks ago and as of yesterday most of them have no audio. If I press pause and play, the sound resumes, then press TV to go back to live TV and it reverts back to silence. Alternatively if I change from fixed to variable during the ad the audio resumes.

The same ads on 101 and other chanels are no problem. Anybody else experiencing this?

New poster

Thanks Geoff, yip first thing I checked - all three decoders are at full volume and have been ever since I installed them. I never use the volume control on the decoder remotes. What baffles me is that its only the adverts on that particular channel and on all three decoders. It's almost as if the adverts are transmitted using a different audio signal that the decoders don't recognise on that setting.

Red Carpet

No audio and no picture this morning on SABC 2. Fixed with a channel change.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

One small detail that you might want to check on your decoders.  Make sure that volume is first set as "variable" then make sure it is at maximum, and then set it as "Fixed".

And if the loss of sound happened last night, then it was  a general problem across many decoder models.  Both my UEC and PACE 4T HD PVRs had the same problem.  Pretty sure it is just another one of the never ending service authentication issues we have been complaining about for months.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Highlighted
Doin' it 4 Tv

@GavinB We are finding out if this is an isolated event or it has affected some customers. However, the team is investigating the issue.

New poster

Channel 121 - no audio on adverts.

Explorer 1, 2 and single view are all set to fixed volume to enjoy Dolby output when available.

For the last two weeks, no audio on adverts. It started with one or two ads two weeks ago and as of yesterday most of them have no audio. If I press pause and play, the sound resumes, then press TV to go back to live TV and it reverts back to silence. Alternatively if I change from fixed to variable during the ad the audio resumes.

The same ads on 101 and other chanels are no problem. Anybody else experiencing this?