Channel 205 and others not showing

6 REPLIES 6
New poster

Re: Channel 205 and others not showing

wich package  audacity  findmyiphone  origin

Red Carpet

Hi,

The Mods here are unlikely to help with something like this, but here's some ideas;

You say it's been for 3 weeks - did anything change? Did you for instance change your decoder(s) for some reason?

The channels you mention suggest it's a problem with Hi Band reception, either due to such a decoder related change, or perhaps a reset of what MC call the LNB Switch Frequency - that should be on 11880.

Faulty installation equipment is unlikely as your list includes channels with both polarities.

But the long term solution is probably a needed equipment upgrade which is also believed necessary for incorporating future expected even higher Hi Band.

For further help mention which decoder(s) you have and any known detail about your installation setup.

Alternatively you may want to consult a recommended installer.

Feedback would be useful.

Red Carpet

Which decoder and package?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

We are also experiencing the following problem; channels such as 111, 116, 120, 135, etc. are not showing anything except the information bar at the bottom. Please help. This has now been going on for 3 weeks and I have done all the different reboots as suggested by DSTV Helpline.

Red Carpet

The blurred image is also very strange, not something normal with digital signals at all, not even in bad weather - during that all that is supposed to happen is pixelation and freezing before loss of signal.

I would guess that it is a faulty decoder.

Red Carpet

Which decoder do you have?

How is it connected to the LNB and what type of LNB is installed?

MC  made a big song and dance about ALL supersport channels now being HD 1080i, which means that possibly there has been a change of transponders etc.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Viewer

Channel 205 and others not showing

When I change from channel 204 to 205, using the + sign. The banner on the TV shows 205 but on the decoder it stays on 204.

It is the same if I punch in the channel 205 from say 101. It show on the TV but the decoder does not change.

This happens with a number of channels, including 206, 207, 208 and some movie channels.

I have taken it to a dealer and they say nothing is wrong. After rebooting it multiple times. And factory resetting it.

It also happens, that IF it goes to that channel, the image is blurred, like when there is a thunder storm. In this case there was no thunder storm.

When I check the signal strength on a working channel it is in the 90s. When on this channel it is zero.

Assistance and advice will be appreciated.