Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DSTV DSD 5U Error 17-0 on FTA Channel - RESOLVED

5 REPLIES 5
Red Carpet

Re: DSTV DSD 5U Error 17-0 on FTA Channel

Correct. The advice you got about using the decoder as a stand alone FTA  receiver is incorrect in the first place.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

Correct @Optimist - this should be general knowledge to everyone.

Just to clarify my post - I was referring to FTA channels available on DSTV packages - not ones requiring different network settings.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

No additional FTA transponders and their channels will work on any DStv decoder anymore, even with a subscription. This has been the case for years now, why don't the Mods have this knowledge??

Red Carpet

Doesn't DSTV require you to at least subscribe to EasyView (R29 per month) in order for any channels (including FTA) to work? I'm sure even the  SABC channels are not available via a DSTV decoder unless you at least have EasyView?

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).

Hi @kolbep , please tell us what frequency  you are scanning and send us screenshots of the following settings:

• Settings > Satellite Settings > Home Network
  • Settings > Satellite Settings > Additional Networks

It would also be really helpful if you sent us a screenshot of  the channel grid showing us the channel details.~  

New poster

DSTV DSD 5U Error 17-0 on FTA Channel - RESOLVED

EDITED :The problem resolved itself the next day

Good Day,

One of my customers had their Vivid DSD419 Decoder Fail. It was used to tune to the FTA Channels for their store music.

I purchased a DSD 5U from a PEP Store, but when I try any of the FTA Audio Channels , it gives me Error 17-0, that my subscription is not active.  But Daystar works.

If the channels are is FTA, then why does DSTV want me to have an active subscription?

Please advise