Did you mean: 
Need help?

DSTV HD explorer 5-series Xtraview

6 REPLIES 6
Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: DSTV HD explorer 5-series Xtraview

@Mfourie wrote:

Fixed it myself. Tnx though

Normally the "How" is of interest to the people having similar issues and looking for answers, as well as to those who tried to assist you Smiley Happy

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
New poster

Fixed it myself. Tnx though

@Luke7777 wrote:

The knowledgables over here (not me) will ask you what your other decoder is, userbands, kind of LNB, etc. So supply that in the mean time while waiting for the gurus Smiley Happy

I assume they (MC)  broke the Xview connection to the old decoder and linked the new one ?

Trending

Even if your decoders show up online as setup correctly, there could still be an issue with the configuration which causes the decoders not to work properly.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Anime

If you have registered on DSTV, not this forum, you should be able to log-in to your account and confirm if your decoders are setup correctly - Primary, Secondary and any other decoder linked to your account.

I had an issue where the decoder was replaced and they made the wrong one the primary.

30min of cel airtime wasted to hold for them and it only took 2min to fix after i gave them the decoder info and what needs to be linked and what is the primary decoder.

Highlighted
Trending

Nothing about DStv has ever been plug and play.

We will have to know what LNB you have and what model the other decoder is which I presume is the primary.

Which model decoder packed up?

Note that if it was a 4 series or older 11xx decoder, then the issue will be that those decoders made use of universal connections, whereas the 5 series works best with a unicable connection.

A diplexer is only required in certain circumstances.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doin' it 4 Tv

The knowledgables over here (not me) will ask you what your other decoder is, userbands, kind of LNB, etc. So supply that in the mean time while waiting for the gurus Smiley Happy

I assume they (MC)  broke the Xview connection to the old decoder and linked the new one ?

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
New poster

DSTV HD explorer 5-series Xtraview

Hi there, seeing DSTV consultants in the Cape Town office is incompetent, maybe someone here can help me? I have had Xtraview for some time now, the decoder packed up so I went to buy a new one (D5 series). I was told it's plug and play. But it kept saying no communication from primary decoder. So after countless and very long calls I was told I need a diplexer. So I did, once plugging the decoder into the power source, I wanted to see which cable is the dish cable so I can be sure what goes where in the diplexer. To my surprise the DSTV worked 100% without the diplexer. So I phoned our lovely CPT office and tried my very best to speak to those oh so lovely trained consultants to ask why is it working now after I spent money on a diplexer, but it's not even connected 😕 the colsultant didn't understand me, so I asked to speak to the lovely trained supervisor and asked why I had to spend money on a diplexer, as I was advised, but my Xtraview is working 100%? So after her not understand and saying those words we hear so many times, Mam, I don't know. Apparently my sarcasm and irritation pissed her off a great deal and in 2 seconds of ending the call, boom, my dstv stopped working. So now the paperweight (Diplexer) is connected, but tells me again that there is no  communication from my primary decor and every  know and then an error stating I have no signal. So now fellow pissed off community, what should I do?