Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Decoder PSUs: Survey

BoxOffice

Re: Decoder PSUs: Survey

@Optimist wrote:

Correction - my original Explora 1 adaptor is the same model as yours, my spare one isn't... the guy who gave that Explora 1 to me must have mixed them up.

I thought the lower spec adaptor (3.33A) might give hassles with the higher spec Exp1 (3.75) ?  As I understand it,  lower can run on higher and will use only what's needed, but not the other way round ? Keep in mind , I'm clueless when it comes to electricity Smiley Happy  I do light bulbs and that's it 

Sorry Geoff if I digress in your topic Smiley Sad

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
BoxOffice

Definitely. 

Exp1

ex01.jpg

Epx 2A

ex02.jpg

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Highlighted
Showmaxed

Correction - my original Explora 1 adaptor is the same model as yours, my spare one isn't... the guy who gave that Explora 1 to me must have mixed them up.

Thought it was odd that the output amperage specs didn't match...

Showmaxed

Luke, only just saw your posts. Are you sure that was for your Explora 1, my adapter model for it is certain.

BoxOffice

@Optimist wrote:

Turns out there were specs on the adaptor, not seen as it's lightly placed in black ink on a black surface instead of printedRoll Eyes (Sarcastic).jpg

Attempted photos are useless.

MODEL: AD10250LF

INPUT: 100 to 240V AC, 50/60Hz, 1.0A

OUTPUT: 12V DC, 3.33A, shows centre pin is the usual positive

The outer diameter of the plug measured with a hovering ruler and magnifying glass is what looks like exactly 5mm.

This is the 2A ^^

Showmaxed

Turns out there were specs on the adaptor, not seen as it's lightly placed in black ink on a black surface instead of printedRoll Eyes (Sarcastic).jpg

Attempted photos are useless.

EDIT: This info is now believed to be for the Explora 2A - see later posts.

MODEL: AD10250LF

INPUT: 100 to 240V AC, 50/60Hz, 1.0A

OUTPUT: 12V DC, 3.33A, shows centre pin is the usual positive

The outer diameter of the plug measured with a hovering ruler and magnifying glass is what looks like exactly 5mm.

BoxOffice

Explora 1

ex1.jpg

2A , same , but 3.33A

Showmaxed

Explora 1;

You're going to struggle with this Geoff - there's no info printed on the power adaptor's surfaces (I have two), nor anything I can find in the "manual" booklet.

All there is is the same info on the back of the decoder by its socket, and on its label;

+12V "DC" (the DC symbol)

3.75A Max.

Plug - don't have a caliper, seems to be the standard mid-sized barrel type fitting for low powered DC supply.

Bear in mind that there was a slight difference in size with the HD PVR 2U's plug & socket compared to the standard generally found.

(I'm not likely to be around most of today.)

Red Carpet

Decoder PSUs: Survey

Hi all,

I am working on a project to develop a reliable backup power supply for all small devices that run on DC power.

Could those of you with decoders that have external PSUs please help with the specs for the external power bricks for the Explora 1, Explora 2A, Explora 3A, HD 4- & 5- series HD decoders, please? The idea is to come up with a simple and cheap power supply for small devices

The format of the info is normally something like this:

Input: 

100-240 V; 50/60 Hz; 2A; pf 0.8

Output:

19V DC; 5A

DC plug type if known or a measurement of the outer diameter of the DC power plug connector.

Details required are:

Input:

AC Voltage, Frequency, Current, powerfactor if available.

Output:

DC Volts, Current and watts if available

Any other loose power supplies you might be using for ADSL modems and routers optic fibre ONTs; WiFi AP's and routers will also be very useful.

The idea is to see if it feasible to design a universal backup power source that consists of a Battery Charger, a battery for 10 to 24 hours of backup and a simple multi-plug DC output suitable for a range of devices.

I have already done something like this for my daughter for her CCTV DVR and camera setup that has been very successful.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM