Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Decoder PSUs: Survey

18 REPLIES 18
BoxOffice

Re: Decoder PSUs: Survey

Thanks Luke. Thankful that I am able to be back. 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Highlighted
BoxOffice

Welcome back Smiley Happy

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
BoxOffice

The 3A input 24v 0.8A

Output 12v 2,5A

3A  PS.jpg

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
BoxOffice

@Optimist wrote:

Nope, in recent days it ranged from 1 hr. 10 min. to 3 hrs., used to be 2 to 2.5 hrs. (where I am anyway).

Friends towards the west ... 

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Showmaxed

Nope, in recent days it ranged from 1 hr. 10 min. to 3 hrs., used to be 2 to 2.5 hrs. (where I am anyway).

BoxOffice

Geoff,  Jhb's standard LS is 4 hours  ... rest of the country should be 2-2.5 

Showmaxed

Please keep us posted Geoff.

Anyone with a 3A? (Jan is away.)

And a laugh re the units that @Luke7777  is using, they seem to know their unfortunate destiny...Wink.jpgBig Grin.jpgCool.jpg

Bah 'message' on barcode.jpg

Red Carpet

Thanks everyone, appreciate the inputs. You are correct. In theory (depends on the sophistication of the device power input regulator), the voltage has to be correct and the PSU must be able to deliver more or equal to the value quoted.

The idea is a unit with a 5V USB socket, rated at a maximum current, a 9V socket, a 12V socket, a 19V socket so far.

The PSU must then be able to support  a combined DC current draw from a battery to give a minimum of 4 hours standby ( to handle double the current LS periods)

Those are the ideas.  It turned out for my daughter's setup quite easy to implement with pretty standard off the shelf security system chargers and battery packs. Each power socket separately fused. 

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

@Optimist wrote:

@Luke7777 wrote:

I thought the lower spec adaptor (3.33A) might give hassles with the higher spec Exp1 (3.75) ?

Yep, I just finished editing in the same concern... :-D

I wanted to replace the psu at one stage, when I was having issues with the Exp1 and the agency insisted the the 2A adapter will work (they didn't have the other in stock). I insisted that I will wait until they've received stock Smiley Happy  

Showmaxed

@Luke7777 wrote:

I thought the lower spec adaptor (3.33A) might give hassles with the higher spec Exp1 (3.75) ?

Yep, I just finished editing in the same concern... :-D