Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Explora 2 sound but no picture

SOLVED
Doccie

Re: Explora 2 sound but no picture

I am nearly 70 and I pay a DSTV provider to do what is required.  I do not fiddle with cables and decoder settings.  The worst I ever do is reboot the decoder.  That usually resolved the problem but not this time.  I cannot drive or get a lift for a 6 hour + waiting time trip to MC.  I will call in the experts on Monday.  I thought this might be due to the forced update that happened just before this problem started.  

BoxOffice

Don't try turning it around, you knocked the helpers as well. But you use them...

Nothing personal, we're all frustrated by MC but let's not make it worse with troll like criticisms at others.

Doccie

I know that only the Community provide assistance. So sorry if I offended you by knocking MC. 

Doccie

I did not change any settings on my decoder or any cables when this problem started.  If it works, I don't fiddle with anything   DSTV is 3 hours from here and their service in non-existent at any branch or on the telephone.  It appears that we need to but a new decoder every year.  Thanks so much for your assistance but I think I will give up on DSTV and read books instead.    

BoxOffice

Also check channel 100.

That's it from me.

And no questioning our helping please, like you did before. Hypocritical, if you know MC often won't bother then why do you ask here at all, and then discuss it with us?

Just because MC don't do their job doesn't mean others can't choose to help. That help is available at all should be enough, don't sink to MC's level.

BoxOffice

How are you viewing the channels? Via RF  IN  on the TVs or HDMI connections?

If RF check the TV standard. It might have reset to the default which I'd PAL GB. It should be PAL I.

If via HDMI check the connection cable and the settings on the TVs and on the decoder.

You may have to go through all the settings on the decoder and check everything.

Unfortunately, if all the settings are okay, it can only be a failure affecting video on tuner 1, which means a trip to MC and a replacement decoder. That would mean losing your recorded content.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doccie

It is all channels, even music channels.  The info button works so I can see which programme is live but there is no picture.

Doccie

Hi Geoff, thanks!  I have 2 TV's but only one Explora 2A decoder.  Signal strength is 72% and quality is 100%.  I can watch programmes recorded since this problem started but I cannot watch a live programme.  I get great sound an a black screen.  Everything else works.  It can't be a TV problem.  It happened on 2 different TV's at exactly the same time.  DSTV do not answer calls. Thank.   

BoxOffice

On all decoders? On which channels? Any idea of signal levels?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Highlighted
Doccie

Explora 2 sound but no picture

I have perfect sound and everything works including recording but there is no picture on any channel.  It's not the TV as I have 2 different TV's (Samsung and Telefunken) connected to the single view decoder.  I have rescanned several times but still cannot get a picture on either TV.  The problem started just before midnight.  Please advise.  Thanks