Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Explora 2 sound but no picture

SOLVED
19 REPLIES 19
Red Carpet

Re: Explora 2 sound but no picture

Glad it recovered!  It seems MC did something around that time which caused loss of picture! According to my wife, who was watching a program at more or less the same time, the same thing happened on SABC 2.

So it was a general MC issue at the time.

Sometimes one has to simply wait  a few hours for thse things to come right by themselves.

And BTW, the issue that happens in March and September, is called the sun outage. MC has nothing to do with it. It happens because the Sun, the satellite that MC uses and our antennas line up which cause total signal loss.  The outage happens for a few days in March and September, for us, in the mornings somewhere between 08:00 and 09:00 normally and then is gone again until next time.  This is another event we would want to place in the knowledge base where we woud be able to update it annually giving the precise times for at least all the major centers in SA as we used to on the old forum.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM

View solution in original post

Doccie

My decoder was working perfectly and I had time to review all help topics on the decoder.  I was relaxed when I saw that in March and Sept every year everything is aligned and I may lose the picture for a few moments.  This problem took over 10 hours to resolve itself.      

Doccie

Thanks, Krugie.  MC have obviously learnt from Microsoft Windows 10. On our next enforced update, you will lose data and your computer won't work until we fix the problem we created.  I am too old to deal with technology.  If it works, why fix it?      

Showmaxed

Glad it's all working now. If it happens again try checking for a loose main cable from the 2A to the TV's (if they're completely separate cables then it won't be that).

Cheers

Doccie

I checked all channels from 100 through to the end of the radio and music channels.  No picture on any channel.  

Red Carpet

Remember that settings can change without you changing them. MC is constantly fiddling with things and this is know to sometimes change settings back to their defaults.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).

View solution in original post

Doccie

Thanks to everyone for great advice  I have not touched the cables or the DSTV remote.  I have just turned on the TV,  and I have the picture back and everything is back to normal.  I have touched except the remote to turn on/off the TV.  How did it fix itself?  I suspect it was a failed update.    

Showmaxed

Re your last reply - doesn't matter, maybe you were in a bad mood when posting that day.

MC = MultiChoice

Showmaxed

@eyes wrote:

I thought this might be due to the forced update that happened just before this problem started.  

I also think it may be.

Did you get a chance to check if that channel 100 is maybe working?

Doccie

I did not knock the helpers.  I welcome your support.  I pay DSTV.  Who is MC?