Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Explora 2A 'hard disk full' error

SOLVED
11 REPLIES 11
Red Carpet

Re: Explora 2A 'hard disk full' error

Just take the decoder in for replacement. Free if insured, costs a few bucks if not.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

@Fred wrote:

BTW, is it a 'normal' HD or a special one specifically for this type of machine?

In other words, if it does go, can it be replaced by the customer?

Since yours is insured, just swop it out Smiley Happy   *If* consumer replacement is possible, I don't think it's worth the time and money to try and make it work with whatever encryption MC is using.  

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Red Carpet

The hardware can be replaced with a similar/same drive. The trick is to get it formatted for use with the decoder. Some have succeeded in doing so, but the details are not readily available.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doccie

Thanks for the info Luke!

Doccie

Thanks Krugie.

Yep that's my suspicion too.

Doccie

Thanks once again Geoff.

Disk was probably ± 60% full so I think there may have been some form of corruption of data. Don't think there was any BO content on their but cannot be sure (I'm not the primary user).

Anyway, let's see how long it runs for this time :-)

BTW, is it a 'normal' HD or a special one specifically for this type of machine?

In other words, if it does go, can it be replaced by the customer?

Red Carpet

Yes, they do.  That HD full error is triggered by an issue with CU expired content not being shown as no longer available, BO similarly, as well as your own content filling up the available space. then there are examples where the disk storage used for normal operation is not purged/overwritten properly. The format clears up all of this meaning you won't ever know what the cause was. 

A full reboot sometimes fixes the operation storage issue, if you cut the power and wait a minute or two before rebooting, as well as clears the CU and BO issues as well.

View solution in original post

BoxOffice

They replace like for like,  2A for 2A

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Red Carpet

It could mean that the hard drive is busy packing up though - so just keep that in mind.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Doccie

Thanks for the help  Krugie.

Did as you suggested and the PVR is now working again.

The 'i plates' have also gone back to 3 from 2.

Guess the HD is used to store some info other than just recordings due to kimited RAM/ROM in the decoder itself.