@antoniod wrote:

explora 3A primary explora 2A secondary

And the question(s) you're asking...??

New poster

Re: Explora 3, Explora 2 and HD decoders

explora 3A primary explora 2A secondary

Red Carpet

Does not sound as if you are distributing RF around the home?

Only using RF connection for HB?

If so very simple, just remove one of the HD decoders and replace it with the Explora 3. That decoder will get HB via the SLNB  connection. Leave the other decoder HB  cable in place.

Make sure the UB  settings are correct on each decoder and don't clash. See the diagram previously posted for the details.

Or, post the settings for each and we can verify.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Hi Geoff

I would like to ask if you can help. I have the following setup:

- Primary (explora 2)

- Secondary 1 (HD 4s)

- Secondary 2 (HD 4s)

I have 3 cables connected on the 3 unicable connections on the Smart LNB going to the Sat In on all 3 the decoders, then I have a cables running from the Primary Decoder RF In to a splitter and then to the 2 Secondary Decoders RF Out. This setups works perfect. Now my Question, I bought a explora 3A and want to replace one of the Secondary decoders but I do not see any RF In or RF out. How would I go about. Many thanks 

Red Carpet

Correct Jan. Settings also.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doin' it 4 Tv

You will need a 80cm dish and a LMX501 smart LNB. The heart beat should feed through the SLNB

@GoeffD could please look at my diagram below to verify the wiring and settings TIA

3A 2A 5S.jpg

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Highlighted
New poster

It is the 3A, 2A and HD 5S

Doin' it 4 Tv

What Model HD decoder. To give you the correct answers we need to know the HD Decoder model because the wiring will differ. I have a diagrams available for a Explora 1  Explora 2A and a HD 5U available 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
New poster

Explora 3, Explora 2 and HD decoders

I have the above decoders. Want to connect it to extraview. What do I need and how do I connect it together?