Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Explora 3 to another tv

11 REPLIES 11
Showmaxed

Re: Explora 3 to another tv

Very helpful, thanks Jan!

I guess they had to at least continue with that much to make some sort of non-HDMI-sourced distribution possible.

And I presume it's the same HDD size as the 2A?

Sometime someone should check if the 3A also won't even allow copy once (like the series 5 (and presumably the 6 as well) HD Decoders) to an external recorder. (TIA)

If so I will NEVER own or physically work with one.

That's it from me.

BoxOffice

I had a look at the 5S and 6S at the local supplier both have the mini plug see my screen shot  

5S HD Decoder.jpg5S HD Decoder6S HD Decoder.jpg6S HD Decoder

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Showmaxed

Thanks very much, and that's probably the first bit of good news about the 3A.

I think it was the 4 series HD Decoders that had similar (with the mini socket instead that Geoff mentioned), but now what about the 5 and 6 series?

@Samanthaellis  - sorry for the hijack, but I think you're probably done.

Red Carpet

Thanks Jan. Helps a lot. So the 3A has standard RCA  outputs.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Highlighted
BoxOffice

The RCA connections at the back of the Explora 3A.

I use a 2 way HDMI splitter and a 15m HDMI cable to connect a second TV

Explora 3A RCA.jpg

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Showmaxed

@krugie wrote:

...or @Optimist  might be able to offer a better solution.

Nope @krugie  - I've "retired" :-p

But since I'm visiting...

@Samanthaellis  , if there isn't any RCA video connection then note that a diplexer will also be needed. Please let us know.

OR

Active (powered) HDMI splitters seem to be generally ok, just avoid using passive ones.

New poster

Thank you.

Red Carpet

Yes provided, you get one that specifically states it is compatible with MC decoders and will deliver the correct responses to the decoder regarding MCs copy protection.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Lol 😁 a pirate one.

Can you use an hdmi splitter between the explora 3A and the two TV's?

Red Carpet

Correct Krugie.  The Explora 3A I believe has a mini socket available for RCA, and an adaptor cord to split off the red, white and yellow connections.

The 3A decoder does not support RF distribution at all.

The other alternative is to invest in an HDMI distribution system IF the distant TVs are equipped with HDMI ports.

I suggest that OP has a look at www.hdcabling.co.za for options to extend HDMI or AV to distant TVs. Another place to contact for advice is spacetv.co.za.

BTW, what types of swords do the duel view decoders use? Pirate type cutlasses or Samurai swords? Smiley LOL