Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Extraview 3 decoder setup

19 REPLIES 19
Red Carpet

Re: Extraview 3 decoder setup

hank you for the feedback. Looks like the 5 series decoders only allow UBs  0 to 4 to be selected.

Which means that a progressive install is not possible. One has to completely redo ThecUBs used when combining decoders involving these decoders! 

What a load of BS!

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

Thanks for the feedback.

So, from the short history of it here it looks like this userbands' auto-install s/w should be avoided like the plague. At least until we hear of any 4 and 5 series successes with it.

New poster

hi 

I done a factory reset and used index 3 and 4. All working perfect 

New poster

thank you, will try this as well.

Showmaxed

I don't have the time to get involved, but as usual then something interesting happens...

More ideas;

1. Switch the SLNB cables around for ports B and C. Best to first power down the decoders.

2. If that doesn't help, leave the other two decoders off and see what indexes may work alone for the series 5 decoder. The first two I would try are indexes 0 and 1.

New poster

thank you, will try and update if it works

Red Carpet

It should not matter actually. But it is worth a try as those would probably be defaults for a two decoder combination with an Explora. With MCs weird ideas about sw, anything is possible!

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Hi Geoff

yes, I can do a manual configuration, after I input the index and frequency, there are 2 signal bars on the right which shows no signal. 

Another question, would the fact that this is the 2nd decoder on MC system, make any difference, so should I use index 3 and 4 instead for the HD 5 and index 5,6,7 for my 2nd explora 2A

Red Carpet

UB 6 is Freq 1108

UB 7 is Freq 1159.

Is there an option for manual configuration?

If so select that option iso the installation wizard which may not be allowing you to select your own UB settings.

New poster

unfortunately not, only factory default which changes the LNB type to universal. When I go back in to redo the settings, i am unable to continue