cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Extraview 3 decoder setup

Red Carpet

Re: Extraview 3 decoder setup

I don't have direct experiencexwith these decoders. But it sort of makes sense that before the new configuration is saved into memory and the decoder is rebooted, nothing will happen.

So is there a step that asks you to save the new configuration?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

I was busy with the installation wizard and step 4 after selecting LNB type and inputting the index and frequencies, no signal detected so unable to scan and continue

Red Carpet

On the surface all is correct. Didyou save the settings and reboot the 5S? It should at least be able to now get CH 100. After that it is now an issue to verify the XV settings with MC.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

hi 

Explora 2A - primary, using 0,1,2 and 1210, 1420, 1680

HD - 2nd decoder as per MC, using 6,7 and 1008 and 1059

Explora 2A - 3rd decoder, using 3,4,5 and 2040, 1006, 1057

Showmaxed

Confirm which indexes and frequencies you're using for the two Exploras.

Some 5 series decoders were faulty, you may have to take it in.

Geoff will be back later.

New poster

Hi Geoff, that was a typo, I used 1108

Showmaxed

Index 6 uses 1108.

New poster

Hi GeoffD, I have moved the HD 5 to port C on the decoder and change settings to tuner index 6 and 7 with frequencies of 1106, 1159. I still unable to pick up signal to continue with scanning

Red Carpet

The HD 5 series decoder MUST be connected to a SLNB Unicable port to receive HB via the SLNB. HB signal is NOT available on the universal ports.

New poster

Extraview 3 decoder setup

hi, please as it with. I am connecting a 3rd decoder on xtraview. Current setup: I have 2 explora 2a and 1 HD 5 decoder with SNLB. All 3 decoders connected directly to SLNB, explora's on port 1 and 2 of SNLB and HD 5 connected to universal port. I have e signal on all 3 and the 2 Explora's are working fine. The HD 5 decoder has an error and says no communication to primary decoder. Is this connection issue or settings.