Need help?

New Smart LNB LMX502

42 REPLIES 42
Highlighted
Anime

Re: New Smart LNB LMX502

Nominee

Believe I've found the Space TV webpage for the 502 Z , but they use their own name for it;

http://www.spacetv.co.za/pages/our-products/lnbfkuscr-lmxsmart-5799.php

Can't find that video though, if anyone still around did find it please can we have a link. TIA

Nominee

Thanks from me as well :-)

I've checked all the Indexes' frequencies - same as the 501 SLNB.

Quite interesting that there's an extra 200 MHz on either side of the IF range. Hmmm...

Red Carpet

Thank you very much!

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Anime

Hi Geoff, The two models have the connectors on different places. SpaceTV has a video on the new LNB. I've also attached a copy of the little sheet that came with the LNB & the sheet from Ellies

Red Carpet

Yes please, I would like a copy. See my PM for my email address.

The improved levels could be due to many things including the replacement of the cables and connectors, the elimination of the 5-2 switch and an aging TWIN LNB. But at the exterme it could also be the alignment of the antenna

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Nominee

Some extra notes;

Ch. 262 tests Vertical and 343 is for Horizontal.

Those numbers being symmetrical of sorts is coincidental.

For those seeing this thread months later - lookout for or ask about what extra two channels have been chosen for "True" Hi Band testing if there are now transponders over the 12 GHz mark in use.

Testing any other pair[s] of channels instead is fine if you're used to doing so, but there are a number of transponders with still unexplained odd anomalies which can be very confusing as they usually deliver strangely low results.

In my experience 60cm dishes take much fine tuning so are a pain, would rather make a plan with 80 / 90cm.

A fair bit lower than recommended signal values do of course get the job done, but not a good idea for longer term use as even small extra errors in the signal can be enough to wipe out a CU or BO item during its receiving session. We suspect that's why tuner 3 gives a lower strength reading - MC encouraging the best antenna tuning possible.

The reasoning why we use the above chs. for testing is now posted in a thread here:

Which channels to use for testing (copy from old forum)

Re pics - it's necessary for those helping to view pics posted by others, some of us are just not too willing to post our own anymore.

Nominee

Please note the following certain advice;

1. 60cm dishes can and do also achieve much better than your results, there's been many forum examples through the years. You're striving for (on either size dish), tuner 1 - about 80%+ signal strength and about 90%+ signal quality ; tuner 2 readings are normally ignored here (not always accurate anyway, for recording); tuner 3 - about 70%+ and about 90%+. MC recommends about the same.

2. Checking HD channels only is not a requirement. What we recommend is testing the SD only chs. 262 and 343 as standard on this forum for a number of already discussed reasons, and to keep the info here on a comparable level.

Hope this carefully worked out and long used info will be noted down by others as well, I won't be repeating it again.

But, we should mention that it is also possible that the odd Explora or HD Decoder will have a poor reading ability - only a professional FSM can confirm that, when compared to a better-reported setup.

I'm not available for any more.

Also note that posting any pics for sharing among Forumites is a crazy BS effort to achieve here, and some of us are no longer willing to be involved with pics until MC come to their own party.

Doin' it 4 Tv

You may get a small improvement by adjusting the skew angle and fine tuning the alignment but nothing major with the 60cm Dish. It is around the ballpark figures I get with my Caravan Dish which is 60cm. You should take the signal/quality readings on two different Channels and compare the values between horizontal ad Vertical polarised channels but make sure you use HD channels. A big difference between the two would also point to skew anglemis alignment. MC recommend using a 90cm dish with the Explora.

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Anime

Hi,

The only thing in the box was a small piece of paper with the user code list on it (let me know if you want a copy), the LNB and a 75ohm terminator.

I also was wrong, I have a 60cm dish. Does that mean the results are Ok given dish size?

(Note: certainly a huge improvment from replacing the perished cables and LNB, by old numbers were 74/74, 82/58, 65/74)

Cheers,

Cameron.