Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No sound on FOX channel - 125

18 REPLIES 18
Red Carpet

Re: No sound on FOX channel - 125

Not the first time we have seen this. I always try other sound modes when there is loss of audio.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Trending

Thanks for this @krugie would never have thought about changing the audio settings 

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Red Carpet

Hi Geoff - I do still have the recordings yes and I did exactly what you suggest a bit earlier - that's how I came to my conclusion. After checking with my neighbour I remembered he has no sound system and plays sounds through his TV - this made my play around a bit.

As posted, this was resolved not long after I reported it but I'm very disappointed that we received no further feedback or acknowledgement of the issue. Also difficult to believe that this was an issue since at least 3h30 this morning - but likely earlier - until well into the afternoon, on quite a popular "big" channel without being picked up. It doesn't say much about quality control.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

Krugie if you still have those recordings, do the same by changing fixed to variable on playback. IF sound then works, it confirms your analysis re the DD  soundtrack not being broadcast.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

Sound has just been restored - 15H56.

Now all that is left is the many people sitting with recordings from this morning with no sound - unless they change their settings from Fixed to Variable....

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).

@krugie - the team is engaging with the channel, an update will follow once received. 

Red Carpet

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

Try setting the soundtrack on English Original and let us know if the sound plays out. 

And to answer this - although it is unrelated, Fox only has an English Original soundtrack - there are no other options - so that is what I am on.

Red Carpet

@Grace_DStv1 - I will no longer get involved with this. @Jan-Horn has confiemd the same issue on his side. NOTHING needs to be investigated apart from the fact that the FOX channel is not broadcasting any sound on their Dolby Digitial sound track. It should not take the team even 1 minute to pick this up if they do what I stated in my previous post.

All the team needs to do is to set the Audio Out to FIXED from Variable (on an Explora) and then view the Fox channel (125) and they will see there is no sound.

In fact, it now no longer even needs investigation as it has been confirmed. All that is left to do is for the channel to fix it... or MC if the issue is on their side.

Red Carpet

Thank for confirming @Jan-Horn - I don't think the repercussions of this is being understood by the team. This is episode one of the new season of one of the most watched series in the world. Everyone making use of the DD soundtracks are going to sit with recordings without sound - and almost all of them will not think of changing the sound option to view their recording - so MANY people are going to be VERY upset. Fortunately it seems it will be available on CU later tonight so hopefully people will look for it there.

@krugie - at this point, everything needs to be looked into. Try setting the soundtrack on English Original and let us know if the sound plays out.