Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Poor HD picture quality all channels

36 REPLIES 36
Red Carpet

Re: Poor HD picture quality all channels

Your only hope is to get MC to test your TV at their offices where you can show them what the problem is. Of course, if you get there and the problem does not exist, you will have to either accept it as is or continue looking for an external factor that has been overlooked so far.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Highlighted
New poster

Thanks will check it out.

Doccie

There's a huge active fanbase for the LG OLED range including the C7 and C8 over at SaGamer - I suggest you post your experience there. I'm quite surprised. I've not seen or heard of this experience before with the LG OLEDS and it's quite popular locally amongst the local home cinema community. Then again, DSTV is not the best source to get the most out of this TV, or to test it's cabaility.

New poster

So the third TV is better but it still has the original problem all be it slightly reduced.

I put it to LG to calibrate the TV, they said all our TV's are calibrated in the factory and that I should adjust the picture setting to get it the way I like to view the content. They also said they do not have the equipment in SA to calibrate the picture.

LG are passing the buck and our satilite provider said they had no problems when they tested the same TV at their offices.

A new third new TV did not resolve the issue.

A new Explorer 2 and dish installation did not resolve the issue

LG and DSTV now appear to be washing thier hands of the problem.

I have run out of ideas to solve this issue what I must do?

Who does one turn to in a case like this?

Red Carpet

Interesting comment.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doccie

Because, on my TV at least, there's no discernable difference between 1080i 50Hz or 60Hz. 

I guess this a throwback to the older PAL vs NTSC standard, where TVs used the mains supply as a source of it's timing information. It doesn't appear to be that relevant (or noticeable) anymore in the age of Netflix / Apple TV / and Smart TV's that  automatically adjust for these different legacy standards. I may be mistaken... but I'm going with my eyes on this one Smiley Happy

Red Carpet

why 1080i 60?  why not 1080i 50?

Doccie

I have an LG 55" C7 OLED, which is almost identical to the C8. I switched from a Samsung HD Plasma.

I don't experience any of the issues you report. DSTV quality is very good - certainly much better than the Plasma and better than any DSTV content we've seen before. Of course, it doesn't beat 4k Netflix or other UHD content, but as far as DSTV goes, it's a pleasant viewing experience and def an upgrade from anything I have had before, which includes a 65" Sammy Plasma and various Sammy HD LED TVs.

Explora is set to 1080i 60 and I use Technicolor expert on the LG c7

@orsum1, it's been a minute. Nothing as yet from the tech team, will keep you posted when they do. 

New poster

I still have the issue all be it reduced on the thrid TV from LG.

Waiting for the MOD to give feedback on the test method I recommended.