cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Poor HD picture quality all channels

New poster

Re: Poor HD picture quality all channels

I have contacted the supplier and they are replacing the TV on Thursday.

Will post results of the swop.

New poster

New poster

Showmaxed

Whatever's going on here, it's a first heard of concern and as there's been many customers with sensitive issues as well that have used the forums it seems an individual problem.

Certainly two different generation decoders says it isn't a recording fault.

Any such things are usually related to the TV itself, especially since the signals received are digital in nature. May be best to contact the manufacturer.

For clarity re posting pics - use the the Browse button at the bottom left when posting.

That's all I can suggest.

New poster

All connection are HDMI and have been replace and have been removed from my sound system and connected directly. Still the same problem.

Files to follow

Steve

Red Carpet

Unfortunately we can't view photos inserted into posts - you need to add them as attachments otherwise only you can see them. A serious flaw on this forum that is not getting the required fix/attention.

Just to make sure, you are using HDMI connection between the decoders and the TV?

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
New poster

Poor HD picture quality all channels

I have just purchased an LG OLED 65" it’s the latest model the 65C8.

All the dark content pictures are not displaying the shadow, see pictures attached.

I was told it could be my installation or my recorder the HDPVR it’s the one you can record two channels while watching one channel.

I then purchased an Explorer 2a and had a completely new installation done by an accredited installer.

I was told by the installer that my existing installation was very good. I advised them to install the new stuff just to make sure.

I still have the same problem. It does not matter if I watch it during the day or night. It also happens when watching live and recordings.

I have set the Explorer 2a and my old HDPVR to 720p, I have also used the 1080i and the 1080p settings. It problem remains the same on both decoders.

The signal to both decoders are perfect.DSC_1709.jpgDSC_1715.jpg

Can you assist?

Steve