Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

RF Signal Flow Problem

SOLVED
4 REPLIES 4
New poster

Re: RF Signal Flow Problem

hello all.....I'm now using ADSsim, Ptolemy and NCSim for this purpose. I don't use Cadence AMSD.
Here I use Verilog-AMS of ADSsim to do cosimulation with NCSim.And I use many models which are built by FDD and system model library even in Cadence Composer schematic.
Agilent recommended users to use WTB in RFDE if they want to use Ptolemy models in Cadence Design Environment.
But I don't use WTB. Instead I use dynamic link if I have to use Ptolemy models.

https://percentagescalculator.com/

New poster

Hi

Thanks for that

Actually after making this post last night I sat up until midnight playing around with the different settings and came across the fact that both decoders were set to the same UHF band. Changed the UHF band on the secondary decoder and then everything started working again

On a side note, hope it might help those who might have the same problem. My Secondary Decoders picture kept coming and going, would play for a few seconds, the loose signal, the play a bit more more

I remembered reading about each decoder needing to have its own user band settings. I checked these and set them according to this link DSTV Decoder User Band Settings and presto the picture started playing fine without loosing signal (just had to do a channel rescan after chaning settings)

Red Carpet

Also, if you are chaning the UHF channel on one decoder, change it to a value of 2 lower or higher than that of the other decoder. I have a similar setup without any problems.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

Firstly make sure that the two decoders are set to use different UHF channels. On the Explora this can be found under Settings/System Settings/UHF. If they are already different you should still be able to view the primary decoder on the TV but would need to tune another TV channel in order to view the secondary decoder.

If the UHF channels were not already different, you then need to tune two different channels on the TV to the corresponding UHF channels and should be able to view each of the two decoders on the two separate TV channels.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New poster

RF Signal Flow Problem

I have run a RF cable from the RF OUT port of my Primary Xplora to a secondary TV and I can see the channel fine

However, when I try rather run the same cable from the Primary Decoders RF OUT to the Secondary Decoders RF IN and then from the Secondary Decoders RF OUT port to the secondary TV there is no longer any channels shown

Should there not be automatic pass through of the RF signal through the decoders or is there something else that I need to do

What I am actually try to achieve is have both the Primary and Secondary Decoders channels displayed on the Secondary TV

It was my undestanding that the cable from the Primary Decoders RF OUT to the Secondary Decoders RF IN was carrying the Heart Beat Signal and the RF Signal and that the sgnal from the Secondary Decoders RF OUT would carry the RF signal of both the Primary and Secondary Decoders

Thanks in advance

Mark