Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Recording error

SOLVED
6 REPLIES 6
Red Carpet

Re: Recording error

Yes, I suppose this does contribute. The absence of a written manual also contributes. Then, of course, plain old fashioned lack of making sure you know how a device works is another factor.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

It's actually my fault of sorts that recurring MRs don't expire by year end, I asked them to fix that.

It is necessary for it to behave like that for very long term needs, such as for "Click" on 400 BBC World.

But the good news is that it can also be more easily removed completely by going to Schedules (Recording Schedules) and pressing OK to get the sub-menu on any one of the scheduled entries of concern.

Not that finding Schedules is so easy either for those not used to MC's ways... a shortcut is to press the red Playlist button, followed by the Alt. button.

Hope MC managers are taking note...

Red Carpet

@ngiboncube  - just to add to what @Optimist said - if you use the Series Record function, it will stop recording during that time once the series ends but if you use the Manual Record option it will carry on recording that time-slot forever until you delete the manual recording yourself. Even for Series Recordings I manually go and delete them from my list once a series comes to an end to avoid  unnecessary clutter.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

This is another common case of people struggling due to modern poorly constructed and worded menu systems.

Highlighted
Showmaxed

He's talking about an Explora, the problem is with recurring manual recordings (MR's) that were set. (They have a "(M)" in their titles by default.)

In the menu go to Planner \ Season Manager.

At the end of that list you will find the MR's that are causing you problems - if you press the OK button it will show a menu that will allow you to delete the MR you're looking at.

That will get rid of it completely in each case, the problem won't repeat.

View solution in original post

Red Carpet

Not enough information given about which decoder you are talking about, what channel you are recording, and how you have set up the recording.

There are 3 ways to set up a recording.

1. Series based recordings set from the EPG for series marked as series capable of being recorded as such.  These SBRs will stop recording the moment the current season has completed IF the channel has set them up correctly.

2. Event-Based Recordings (EBRs) set from the EPG buy selecting the recording off the EPG. Such recordings will only record the episode you set them for.

3. Manual Recordings (MRs) which are set by you for a timeslot which will continue to record until YOU delete the setting, regardless of the content.

So, the ball is in your court, provide proper information in a respectful tone and you will be helped. Carry on the way you are, and all that will happen is you will be banned from this Community.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Recording error

4 series were being recorded roughly a year ago (I’m only reporting this now because I can) and all 4 programs have ended and have mever returned. However, everytime the time slot for these series comes, they are still recording but the programs aren’t what are being recorded. These programs are Inazuma, Regal, Tangled and Mysticons. These recordings have been recording every single day and have random (M) ‘s with them. How do j permanently rid myself of this problem because they fill the disk up with useless nothingness.