Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Scrolling on P2 Decoder

3 REPLIES 3
Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: Scrolling on P2 Decoder

Thanks Krugie. Much appreciated. Think that the only time I've used the TV button on the remote was for when I'd been watching something in the buffer and wanted to get back to real time tv. 

Red Carpet

Apologies - I was wrong. While viewing a channel, press the TV button. This will bring up the Viewing Options box. Change the selection on there from All channels to Favourite Channels and press OK. Now you will only see your Favourite Channels when you press P+ and P- as well as when you scroll as described in your original post. It will remain this way until you change Viewing Options back again to My Channels.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

I hardly ever use my 2P nowadays but I don't think you can set the 2P to only view Favourite channels when scrolling through channels (unlike the Explora) - the Favourites only apply when viewing the TV Guide.

One way you can accomplish what you want while viewing a channel (but this will obscure your viewing) is to press the UP arrow while viewing a channel. This will bring up the Favourites grid. By then scrolling through this grid it will show you the 3 lines of programming at the bottom for each favourite channel you highlight.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Highlighted
Doin' it 4 Tv

Scrolling on P2 Decoder

Please excuse me but I've only had my P2 Decoder for around ...... five? years. Does take me time to learn things. ha ha

If I'm watching a channel and want to see what's showing on other channels then I click on the i button and see the channel that I'm watching with the name of the programme being shown at the bottom of the screen. I then click on the left or right button to go through the other channels. This while still staying on the channel that I'm currently watching. 

The problem I'm having is that when doing so I end up seeing all the other channels that are NOT on my favourite list ie both those with the tick and those without the tick next to them. Where do I go to change the settings so that when scrolling through the channels, as described above, I only see those channels that I'm interested in? Those WITH the tick. 

If I go to TV Guide and My Favourites then I can scroll through only those favourite channels of mine but as soon as I go out of the TV Guide it reverts back to my having to scroll through all the channels. 

IS there a way of correcting this or is it only available on the Explora? 

Thanks.